Where to install Parrot

Mines on a Brodit holder above and slightly to the right of the radio.

DSCF1371.jpg

Not the greatest photo, but you can see where it is. I keep intending to tidy the cable a little and move it to the centre, but just never get around to it :rolleyes:

Mine is in the same position and I have a spare vent surround;)

I have found on a number of occasions that it disconnects its self when the phone rings so have to do a quick check the old bill is not around to answer the phone

Sometimes it wont let me answer a call either:confused:

I am very tempted with the Burry one as It looks pretty good, and appeard to have some good reviews, but the only thing putting me off is the removable screen. The whole idea of me looking to get a new kit to install in the new car is because I am wanting to avoid mounting a phone cradle, so I dont really want to be having to take a screen off everytime I leave the car.

Has anyone got the Nokia kit with the screen because thets the other one im interested in.

On the photos of thie Parrot handsfree system, what is the cable which is plugged into the side of the unit. I can see the main cable coming out of the bottom which doesnt look too bad, but I hate having visable cables coming from units like this.

It's the cable for the seperate microphone which is located on the sunglasses cubby in the roof.

I am very tempted with the Burry one as It looks pretty good, and appeard to have some good reviews, but the only thing putting me off is the removable screen. The whole idea of me looking to get a new kit to install in the new car is because I am wanting to avoid mounting a phone cradle, so I dont really want to be having to take a screen off everytime I leave the car.

Has anyone got the Nokia kit with the screen because thets the other one im interested in.

Well you dont have to remove the screen of you dont want too!! As it and some of the newer HF kits are getting fancier and have bigger display some would say that they are starting to look like SatNav screens and would catch the eye of a theif. So surely a good idea to at least have the option of removing the screen if you park in unfamiliar surroundings etc.

Steve

• Like 1

It's the cable for the seperate microphone which is located on the sunglasses cubby in the roof.

If you dont connect the external microphone, is there one built into the unit? and if so is it any good, or is that the reason for connecting the external microphone?

I prefere the idea of having a microphone up at high level, but dont want to have to have an external plug and cable showing in order to have it.

You can get an off set bracket that holds the cradle that slips down the side of the radio, for the nokia, remove the radio and screw it in then replace the radio, no holes on show when you remove the kit:thumbup:

Do a software update as there were some bugs on earlier versions of the software.

I was half tempted to change mine to a bury but it's working so I can't actually see much point in spending money on something I don't need right now.

How do you do a software update???????????

In full detail please

Why have you gone for a parrort Skoda do a bluetooth kit which is hidden under the drivers seat and is linked to the radio :)

So how much would one cost???? with fitting and what difference would it make over the parrot

Any pics:):confused:

If you dont connect the external microphone, is there one built into the unit? and if so is it any good, or is that the reason for connecting the external microphone?

I prefere the idea of having a microphone up at high level, but dont want to have to have an external plug and cable showing in order to have it.

Hmm... Not sure to be honest - I've always had the seperate mic fitted and I'm not sure if it can be wired in any other way. I'll check.

You just run the mic cable up the inside of the door pillar, and clip it at the top, the mic is the only thing you will see.

I have answered a call and gone to the boot to get things out and the person on the other end can still hear me nice and clear, you dont have to shout or raise your voice either

You just run the mic cable up the inside of the door pillar, and clip it at the top, the mic is the only thing you will see.

Yep that's exactly it but I think he was taking about the connector on the right hand side of the base unit and the wire to the A-pillar trim being visible?

Yep that's exactly it but I think he was taking about the connector on the right hand side of the base unit and the wire to the A-pillar trim being visible?

Yes, its the connector coming out of the side of the screen I dont like the looks of. I'v got no problem hiding the cables within the dashboard and up the side of the A-Pillar. On my old Nokia kit, the mic used to connect into the control box which was hidden benind the glovebox which was a much neater way of doing it.

At the moment I think ive nrrowed it down to either the Burry kit, of the Nokia CK-15W. Probably going to be the Nokia kit though because as smart as the Bury kit look, I dont really need the larger screen and all its additional functions which probably wont work with my N95.

At the end of the day, I prefere not to use the phone in the car, but If it rings I want to stay the right side of the law and want to know whos ringing before I decide to answer it.

Google "parrot software update"

It's the second hit for the 3200LS.

Full documentation is on the parrot site!!!!!!!!!!

Parrot - Product Support

You do it via a bluetooth computer.

Can this be done with a lap top if so please explain how to do it as im not very PC minded

Can this be done with a lap top if so please explain how to do it as im not very PC minded

Any windows PC with a bluetooth connection, that includes a laptop.

The instructions on the parrot website are very clear and if you don't understand them then you shouldn't be doing the update yourself IMHO.

Seriously they are that simple!

I'm not going to go an write out a full set of instructions because they already exist in a very simple form.

As for the poster asking about the mic cable coming out of the display, you can also put the mic connection directly into the box so it's hidden and there is plenty of cable to do this.

Any windows PC with a bluetooth connection, that includes a laptop.

The instructions on the parrot website are very clear and if you don't understand them then you shouldn't be doing the update yourself IMHO.

Seriously they are that simple!

I'm not going to go an write out a full set of instructions because they already exist in a very simple form.

As for the poster asking about the mic cable coming out of the display, you can also put the mic connection directly into the box so it's hidden and there is plenty of cable to do this.

Thanks for that - I hadn't had time to check but it might now be on my list of things to do!