Multifunction Display

The unit itself is not replaceable, and to fix it you will need a complete new dashpod. The display is part of the instrument circuit board and not separate.

When you say black line, do you mean that the whole thing isnt working? As mine has two small black lines on it, very feint, at the bottom where the display for the gear would be if i had an auto.

As far as I am aware, this is normal.

One other thing, if you shine a light at the little dot by the '0' on the speedometer, the central display gets brighter!

Yes you can retrofit, but this involves changing the whole dashpod not just swapping out the centre section.

I dont know how much the superb cluster will be though, quiet expensive if sourced through a dealer. You could try sending a PM to VRSTU and see if he can source one elsewhere.

If i can get the garage to get me a replacement Dashpod can anyone tell me if they are easy to fit ? If you remove the cowling around the steering wheel are there screws under there to remove the dashpod instrument cluster or is it a bit more involved than that ?

thanks

I am not sure how the superb pod is removed, but to carryout the physical swap you will need the 4 digit SKC for both the current dashpod and the replacement, along with both the car keys as these will need to be paired to the replacement pod. The easiest way is to ask your dealer to carryout the swap, as their diagnostic system has a guided function for this, otherwise you will need to use VAG-COM and manually configure everything.

i have managed to find a set of clocks for my superb for £100 second hand as dealer wanted £590 +vat!!!!! But before i purchase them, does anyone know if a second hand set of clocks can be programmed for my car as i hae been told that they can only be programmed once (mileage i think), is this correct does anybody know ?

thanks

I am not sure how the superb pod is removed, but to carryout the physical swap you will need the 4 digit SKC for both the current dashpod and the replacement, along with both the car keys as these will need to be paired to the replacement pod. The easiest way is to ask your dealer to carryout the swap, as their diagnostic system has a guided function for this, otherwise you will need to use VAG-COM and manually configure everything.

I believe Mannyo's covered everything here :)

i have managed to find a set of clocks for my superb for £100 second hand as dealer wanted £590 +vat!!!!! But before i purchase them, does anyone know if a second hand set of clocks can be programmed for my car as i hae been told that they can only be programmed once (mileage i think), is this correct does anybody know ?

thanks

The mileage can only be set once using the official tools, so your replacement dashpod (assuming it has the 4 digit SKC you will need) will have the mileage it currently has rather than what yours has. Their maybe some highly illegal way to alter the mileage but thats not for discussion on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...

just a thought......do you have the original radio still in car? as when i took mine out (mp3 compatible)to replace it with a radio cassette, my display stopped functioning.....except when warning lights came on..washer fluid for example