New to Fabia's..any common faults?

Hi,

Have just gotten my first skoda,it's a 1.4 fabia comfort 16valve

1 lady owner from new,F.S.H,just had an angle sensor or something along those lines replaced?

Are there any common problems with the fabia that i need to be aware of?

It seems a very well built car and alot better than my previous MK4 golf gt tdi!

Also when does the cambelt need changing??is it 60k?

Any help would be appreciated:thumbup:

Hi,

According to my local Skoda dealer headgaskets are prone to going on the earlier Fabias. Mine is a 2002 and is included in this batch of Fabias. It has just gone and is in for repairs at the mo. I have had my timing chain changed just over 60,000 miles as it was rattling.

:)

Plenty of faults.

window regulators, door carriers leaking, front anti roll bars, front drop links, power steering sensors, power steering pumps, oil consumption due to piston rings on early 16V engines, EGR faults, temperature sensors, dash rattles, wipers failing due to washers freezing thus blowing the fuse, wet engine wiring looms (early cars), blocked plenum drains leading to wet interior, brake light switches, console bushes and front springs.

These are the common ones seen quite regularly, others include the occasional steering rack, track rod and all the other problems that you can get with any car.

Cam belt at 60000 miles or 4 years along with all the rollers and tensioner and a water pump is recommended.

Plenty of faults.

window regulators, door carriers leaking, front anti roll bars, front drop links, power steering sensors, power steering pumps, oil consumption due to piston rings on early 16V engines, EGR faults, temperature sensors, dash rattles, wipers failing due to washers freezing thus blowing the fuse, wet engine wiring looms (early cars), blocked plenum drains leading to wet interior, brake light switches, console bushes and front springs.

These are the common ones seen quite regularly, others include the occasional steering rack, track rod and all the other problems that you can get with any car.

Cam belt at 60000 miles or 4 years along with all the rollers and tensioner and a water pump is recommended.

The bits in red are what Ive experienced on mine, hence they are a very common fault:thumbup:

The green is suspected

Well the Fabia i 've bought has had a new power steering motor,and all it needed was a an Angle sensor!Temp guage is fluctuating a bit.Dash rattles from the centre heater vent,any ideas on how to get this out and stop the rattle?

Petrol consumption not great for a small engine either.

Service due at the weekend and a cambelt which is 10,000 miles overdue!

Well the Fabia i 've bought has had a new power steering motor,and all it needed was a an Angle sensor!Temp guage is fluctuating a bit.Dash rattles from the centre heater vent,any ideas on how to get this out and stop the rattle?

Petrol consumption not great for a small engine either.

Service due at the weekend and a cambelt which is 10,000 miles overdue!

I did a help guide w/pics a long long time ago - use the search function + you should find it:thumbup:

Saved you the trouble: http://briskoda.net/technical-guides/dashboard-creak-fabia/65521/

What thought these car's were supposed to be good. I wanted to get away from loads of common problems!

Your unlikely to have ALL these problems at once!:D:D