Changing Bulbs...........

Not without significant injury/time/potential dent in wallet* it seems :mad:

:soapbox: Ok, so I've been known to change headlight/sidelight/indicator bulbs* more frequently than Tom_vRS changes cars :D which is not a difficult task in the fabia, but Feck me is it a P.I.T.A in the Roomster

I had a go this evening and only suceeded in changing the dipped beam H7's. The sidelight bulbs and indicator bulbs are completely inacessaible (sp) without removing the headlight assembly (no, I don't know how it's done, but belive me i tried)

Any pearls of wisdom (failing that workshop manuals :D)

*delete as appropriate

I haven't needed to go near any of them, it's a case of wanting to :rofl:

:orb_hypno Must change orange indicator bulbs, Must change orange indicator bulbs, Must change orange indicator bulbs, Must change orange indicator bulbs, :orb_hypno

Once a modder, always a modder

Seriously though, I wouldn't fancy changing any of them at the side of the road :thumbdwn:

I did the H7's for nightbreakers and got the indicators changed to philips silver thingies. The indicator on the drivers side is a PITA because of the cannister, I got it with a bit of contorsionism though and I have got hands like a seals flippers.

I have given up on the side lights though ...... I have lost enough skin on it already LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it seems that is not an easy task.

I am about to change my bulbs to PIAA's Xtreme White Plus (headlights and fog lights) and it would be interesting if someone can post pictures of the process. I certainly do not have thin fingers :/

Jeff

if you have a look in the fabia section you will find my post on something similar. found it impossible to change my side lights. took it into skoda for them to do it, they told me that they had to remove the inner wheel arch to get to it. told me it was 44 quid too, fat chance!! only paid 7 in the end

• 3 weeks later...

If you are really stuck Norwich Halfords are very good at changing bulbs for not too much dosh, they did my megane headlight bulbs , now that is nightmare, insert hand in small hole in wheel arch and pray, or as handbooks says this job should be done by dealer this was shown on tv as charges were between £35 £300 on one model, i now have a skoda

Just done my Roomster's front indicators, and didn't find them too difficult. Agree that the driver's side is a bit of a pig due to access, but it still didn't take long.

One thing that makes it worse is the only-just-long-enough cabling for these bulbs.

Any tighter and Eric Clapton could probably get a tune out of 'em...