boost gauge location good news.....

Hi girls and boys:thumbup:

I posted a thread on here a couple of weeks back about where should i put a boost gauge or any gauge.I wanted a pillar pod but no such luck thats when i came across an air vent gauge on awesome gti website but they didnt do them for the mk1 vrs thats when i got thinking and got in touch with a company who makes them for most vw cars and they are in the middle of designing one for the mk1 vrs and should be out in the next couple of weeks.

it should be a direct replacement and have a cut out for a 52mm gauge.

Nice pillar gauge installation.

I meant that replacing the air vent with a gauge mount would play havoc with the side window demisting.

I have my boost gauge mounted into the drivers side airvent and can't say i've had any issues with demisting the side window but some companys that make the pods for air vents still allow air to flow anyway,like this one

181-2.jpg

I have my boost gauge mounted into the drivers side airvent and can't say i've had any issues with demisting the side window but some companys that make the pods for air vents still allow air to flow anyway,like this one

181-2.jpg

that looks absolutly nothing like my light and vent bits, have you changed the dash much?

That's a fixed vent, not an aimable one, and my vent is actively pointed at the glass. It still struggles to clear the glass as fast as I would like on a cold, wet day.

that looks absolutly nothing like my light and vent bits, have you changed the dash much?

Sorry,that is a golf mk4 type vent i was showing to illustrate that some companys that make pods can still retain use of the vent,mine is just blanked off completely 2309233_44_full.jpg