vRS Price -

cra

Buy one now, chop it in 18 months down the road when the new RS lands...or keep it.

Like Andy says, it's still a good car, and you might be able to use the "Old model" line to extract a few extras out of the dealers.

If i was looking to change, i'd have another without a doubt.

at that money you'd be insane not to consider one. i paid that for a 6month old vrs in january... at the time a new one was just over 15K so i couldnt stretch that far.

the "new" vRS isnt due till mid/late 2005 so your not buying the old one just yet, ok you can get a new shape octy now/soon but the vRS hasnt even had proper pics released yet.

When will production of the "old" vRS stop? I'm half thinking about an Ibiza FR, but with the octy at this price I'd look a bit of a prat.

Personally I don't think there will be another Octavia vRS, or if there is it will be a diesel. I'll leave you to decide which would be the worse situation :rofl:

The octy vRS is being made alongside the new model until late 05 when a new model with more umph is expected, and rumour has it, it will be petrol.

Whats wrong with a diesel? Drove a 130pd estate back-to-back with a 230bhp Jabba'd vRS, and they're wasn't a huge amount in it, unless you revved the nuts of the petrol one. Only 10mph difference at the top of my fave test hill. So, imagine what a well tuned diesel would be like...

its the torque of the diesel that makes them feel as responsive as they do and the PD lumps are by all accounts cracking engines.

some people just dont like diesels though, nothing you can do about it really.

i also heard the new vRS MIGHT be an oil burner but recent reports / rumours would suggest its going to be using the 2ltr fsi lump with a turbo putting out around 200bhp.

either way until the specs and pics are released whats better than the current vRS !?

biased i know........