Thinking of swapping my car...

youngsyd

after a year of ownership of the Fabia, im after a change.

Its not because i dont like it anymore etc, i just fancy something different.

SWMBO has a Fiat 500 1.2 which i enjoy driving, so im considering a Fiat 500 Sport.

Anyone got any thoughts to help me out?:)

According to the press reports, the 500 is not a great car to drive, and personally, I think it is just a fashion accessory that will soon lose its initial 'cutesy' factor and become hard to sell on.

The Abarth version is an absolute bargain when compared to the Mini Cooper JCW though - around £7,000 cheaper!

I know how you feel mate.

I've been torturing myself with Golf Ed30's and R32's this week but to be honest it just doesn't make sense for me. Much as I would love a change it would be financial suicide to sell the Octy now.

I have found an absolute bargain of an R32 at a VW dealers locally but it just doesn't make sense to change.

I've been torturing myself with Golf Ed30's and R32's this week but to be honest it just doesn't make sense for me. Much as I would love a change it would be financial suicide to sell the Octy now.

I have found an absolute bargain of an R32 at a VW dealers locally but it just doesn't make sense to change.

:rofl: I seem to devote one week in every month to 'thinking' of changeing, this month it's been Astra VXR's (amongst the other more sensible usual suspects), June's thoughts were similar to yours Stu.

I think it's quite a natural thing for any car nut... I do quite high miles on a right old mixture of roads so fairly quickly pick up on my car's 'failings'... but as you say at the present time it's pretty much financial suicide to trade a car such as an Octy VRS in judging on some of the prices some have been sold for on here and what some have been offered for trade in

as you say at the present time it's pretty much financial suicide to trade a car such as an Octy VRS in judging on some of the prices some have been sold for on here and what some have been offered for trade in

Mine is Oct 2007 9400 miles and quite well specc'd I was offered £12.5k for it :rofl:

i thought it was just me that got crap offers for my car :rofl:

Although i was offered 14k cash the other day. But i love my car at the mo and until i can afford to buy my RS4/6 i dont think ill be changing anytime soon. may upgrade to a new octy in the future but i doubt i will. i will prob just keep this one and use it as my project/test car :rolleyes:

Carl :thumbup:

Not the one on the podium at Peter Cooper's in Hedge End by any chance?

Thats the one.

Started of at £27,995 and can now be had for £21k or less.

I've been glancing at that one longingly and watching the price dropping too! Much too much cash for me at the moment though. Surely the road tax is going to get crazy on R32s anyway?

Quality and kit in the Fabia knocks spots off the Panda.

It does?! Which kit in particular were you thinking of? I've owned both and the Panda puts the Fabia to shame in terms of kit, performance, cost to run and smiles per mile. Also squeaks and rattles a lot less :rofl:

Chris

Ive just had a R32 for a weekend test drive with the option of buying it off my boss

As good as the car is and it is very good,the price and running costs dont seem to make up for the superiority over my skoda for day to day driving

i think it is down to the kudos of owning a R32 type car is the biggest selling point for me if im totally honest with myself

It does?! Which kit in particular were you thinking of? I've owned both and the Panda puts the Fabia to shame in terms of kit, performance, cost to run and smiles per mile. Also squeaks and rattles a lot less :rofl:

Chris

Build quality of the Fabia is way better than the Panda, the vRS has a faster top speed - 128mph, against the Pandas 115MPH, (which is the same as a Fabia 1.4 16v old shape).0-62mph is identical at 9.5 seconds. These are manufacturers figures.Also the Fabia beats the Panda for in-gear acceleration, the Fabia vRS feels and looks much better built and is a lot more economical, being diesel.Having been in a Panda 100HP, I felt it was a definate step down compared to the Fabia.:)

Having driven both, the performance is easily on a par with the Panda having a big edge on roads where handling and brakes count. "In gear" acceleration is a load of balls imho and was something created by diesel drivers so they could claim their cars were faster than Porsches ;) I don't agree on the build quality either but I guess that's subjective - I measure build quality in squeaks and rattles and how much falls off breaks while it's in my care. Panda also has more kit as standard :P

Chris