Weitec GT coils(info needed for DIY fitting)

Its me again after bit more info,

I am finally getting the coilovers and I am giving it a go to fit them myself????/

the stuff I am getting:

Weitec Hicon GT coilovers

SuperPRO wishbone bushes (front and rear set)

SuperPRO 21 or 23mm ARB bush(to go with 21mm octy ARB or R32 ARB) Oppinions please?

New std top mounts and bearings. Will new std ones fit on or will I need some special ones?

All together with P&P is under £600 and it will be an interesting weekend:thumbup::D

After Ive fitted it all I am gonna get the car in to national tyres to get it all tracked up.

Is there anything else ill need to do?

Will the camber and castor be done with an alignment?

cheers in advance:thumbup:

Edited by claytarget_god

Its me again after bit more info,

I am finally getting the coilovers and I am giving it a go to fit them myself????/

the stuff I am getting:

Weitec Hicon GT coilovers

SuperPRO wishbone bushes (front and rear set)

SuperPRO 21 or 23mm ARB bush(to go with 21mm octy ARB or R32 ARB) Oppinions please?

New std top mounts and bearings. Will new std ones fit on or will I need some special ones?

All together with P&P is under £600 and it will be an interesting weekend:thumbup::D

After Ive fitted it all I am gonna get the car in to national tyres to get it all tracked up.

Is there anything else ill need to do?

Will the camber and castor be done with an alignment?

cheers in advance:thumbup:

Sounds a good weekend:thumbup:

As for the front ARB I personally would stick with the OEM (19mm), but if you want/need to change it I’d go for the 21mm, otherwise the understeer reducing effect of having a rear anti roll bar on will be dialled out by the front one.

Top mounts are fine with new standard ones.

When disconnecting the ball joints you will find there is a small amount of play in them, I set mine to as much negative camber as possible - you are literally talking about a few mm's here though.

Have you got the poly rear beam mount bushes or are they still standard?

Steve:)

still std mate,

cheers for the rep I thought no one was interested.

I think somethin needs doin on the sus as goin ove small bumps like the joins in the road there is a not nice sound.

so the std bearings n topmounts are fine to use? thats ok they pritty cheap.

ill stick wi the std ARB then sounds easier to me lol.

will it matter if I am only lowering a few mm? neg camber?? is that the top of the wheel tilts in or out from the car?

cheers ste

still std mate,

cheers for the rep I thought no one was interested.

I think somethin needs doin on the sus as goin ove small bumps like the joins in the road there is a not nice sound.

so the std bearings n topmounts are fine to use? thats ok they pritty cheap.

ill stick wi the std ARB then sounds easier to me lol.

will it matter if I am only lowering a few mm? neg camber?? is that the top of the wheel tilts in or out from the car?

cheers ste

It may be worth replacing the front ARB bushes whilst everything else is off, SuperPro do bushes for the 19mm bar. See here

OEM top mounts will be fine - I've never ever seen any after market ones anyway!!

It won't matter when lowering whether it's 5mm or 45mm, as for the balljoint adjustment (See pic for the 3 bolts you'll need to adjust it with) I pulled the bottom of the wheel out (away from the car) when refitting mine.

Negative camber = Top of wheel into the car.

Positive camber = Top of wheel away from the car.

PM me if you need any help over the weekend I will be around saturday PM and all of Sunday:)

Steve:thumbup:

if i get the time off mate ill let you know how good it is. cant really compare as ive never driven the accord.

I think the car handles good with jus a rear ARB and std sus. i can see it being 100% better wi the coilovers on though.

I would be tempted to fit them yourself.

You will need various tools and set of coil spring clamps.

Rear will be the easy ones as you will just need to undo a few bolts on the strut and the spring will come out if you jack the body up high enough.

Fronts will be a little trickier.

Don't forget a full geo set up afterwards,as this will be well worth paying for.

Don't forget a full geo set up afterwards,as this will be well worth paying for.

thats what the only person i know had done but spent a day doing it to get the perfect setup with good results. imo if your spending the money on the suspension getting it setup perfectly

• 2 weeks later...
I would be tempted to fit them yourself.

You will need various tools and set of coil spring clamps.

Rear will be the easy ones as you will just need to undo a few bolts on the strut and the spring will come out if you jack the body up high enough.

Fronts will be a little trickier.

Can you just clarify what Ill need tools wise?

the full Geo? is that done by a garage? ie national tyres?

A basic tool kit will sort the coilovers mate.

I'd keep the £200 personally, Rears are a piece of pi$$, fronts are a little more technical, but far from difficult.

Geometery/laser tracking set up will be done by a garage. National tyres should do that. I phoned around first, should cost around £25.

Steve:)

as it stands I have a halfords socket set and a halfords 49 peice tool kit,

I have some axel stands, trolly jack and the oem jack.

will this do? going to get a torque wrench on tues.

Were is the best place to put the stands? and what should i protect the car with?

pics if pos?

cheers

billy

cheers ste.

just been looking arouond, the weitecs are not gonna be wi me till monday 18th if the email from euro performance is rite.

can I still change the wishbone bushes thou?

is it pos to take the wishbones off without removing the shocks from the balljoint? or should I just wait till all the kit is here? only thing is that i am back at work and wont be abe to fot till we have moved. even then when we move back to bristol the house is on a main road.

god damn it....................

• 5 weeks later...