Glow Plug Waring Light

If the glow plug light illuminates on an Ocatvia it can be the brake light switch faulty too.

You fugging star!!!

It was pointed out tonight that my brake lights were on while I was out of the car and the key in my pocket, a few pumps and it sorted itself out, but that is too much of a coincidence to be ignored, so I guess it's a new brake pedal sensor to order, any idea how much and how to fit?

Thx again.:thumbup:

Cheers Roto, I had that in mind tbh given my previous experiences, here's another for you, today I've fitted a new fuel filter, hell jesus to get the hoses off intact, but this probably had more to do with the fact it came from an 04 car with VAG 04 written on the old filter, original one in other words, I got the car at 50k, you'd think a dealer would for the price of a 2 quid to them part replace it as part of the pdi to ensure the customer had a good experience, it's solved my murmer on idle under load as well, she's spot on now without any fluctuation on tick over, I shouldn't be too harsh here btw cos all the main dealers from all the brands skimp on simple service items.

If Tesco sold you something which was wrongly described or offered a service which was not as stated you would justifiably be annoyed. Why are car dealers any different?

You pay them extortionate amounts to "service" your vehicle - assuming they don't also damage it in the process. Leaving a diesel fuel filter without renewal for 50k miles is a disgrace. I think main dealers deserve all the criticism they get and that the "reviews" section of this Website does us all a favour.

It's time VAG learned that continually kicking its customers in the nuts over servicing will not get them very far now that most of their customers have Internet access - the world has got a bit smaller.

rotodiesel.

If Tesco sold you something which was wrongly described or offered a service which was not as stated you would justifiably be annoyed. Why are car dealers any different?

You pay them extortionate amounts to "service" your vehicle - assuming they don't also damage it in the process. Leaving a diesel fuel filter without renewal for 50k miles is a disgrace. I think main dealers deserve all the criticism they get and that the "reviews" section of this Website does us all a favour.

It's time VAG learned that continually kicking its customers in the nuts over servicing will not get them very far now that most of their customers have Internet access - the world has got a bit smaller.

rotodiesel.

I've an interesting one for you Roto, as you know I use VX oil in mine, while picking up the filters the other day I asked about oil, I was told the inj loom inside the head can fail due to oil type, I find this another lie to get me to buy 50 quid oil, for this to be true then we are talking plastic sheath rot, I've never known any wire sheath to fail under any condition other than if it goes brittle, and no oil is going to make any plastic brittle, I respect your opinion about the cam under load squeezing the oil out, but what do you make of this scare?

Scare? Maybe not deliberate probably just a bit uneducated.

I agree with Lummox - however if, Superbia, you mean Vauxhall by "VX engine oil" then I would lay all my money on the fact it was the parts/service persons stupidity.

If not then, er, I agree with Lummox... er... :o

Running cables inside engines is problematic and should really be avoided. On the PD, avoiding this would have involved the use of 3 more sealed connectors (total one for each injector) and would have raised engine production costs.

Some of the special purpose large diesels I have worked with have internal wiring. Despite the use of special (PTFE based) cable and Military standard connectors, they still give trouble. Hot engine oil loaded with soot and combustion acids is not kind to anything.

I can't comment on the suitability of one oil over another as far as the cabling is concerned. My view, as always is that you should stick absolutely to the recommended oil specification - the make doesn't matter. Oil specifications take time and money to draw up.

This is part of what you pay for when you give VAG money for their goods.

rotodiesel.

Edited by rotodiesel

I agree with Lummox - however if, Superbia, you mean Vauxhall by "VX engine oil" then I would lay all my money on the fact it was the parts/service persons stupidity.

If not then, er, I agree with Lummox... er... :o

Na, it's me that puts VX 5/30 FS in it, it's done 12k now and I have no issues as of yet, plus VX state it's suitable for all modern diesel engines, the guy I spoke to was only trying to be helpful, but he'd not heard of Roto's explanation of the oil being subjected to roller pinning as such, I myself think Roto's is a more credible reason for good oil tbh, but then again he was only being helpful and recommended me a 10k oil for about 23 quid but this was less than 4 litres, thx for the help lads.:thumbup: