Eos 300d

TaviaRS

OK, I have a Nikon D70, my Dad has an EOS. He is rather taken with the idea of a digital SLR having played with mine, so my Mum has decided to get him the EOS 300D for his birthday next month as he'll be able to use all his old lenses.

Question is, where is the best place to get one from? Looking for body only (I think), trade in is a possibility, but not essential.

TIA

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/

http://www.bestcameras.co.uk/shop/index.html

I got mine from bestcameras, but have been using warehouse express for Lenses etc :)

Jon, you could get an EOS 10D from the States for the same price as a 300D here, worth a look if you know anyone there, or anyone who is heading out there.

As for old lenses..

If they're Canon EF's they are 100% compatible.

If they're older Sigma's they might need a re-chip.

If they're older Sigma's they might need a re-chip.

OMG you guys even chip your camera lenses? What next ... chipping the toaster for quicker browning? :)

I've noticed that the 300D has just had a 50-quid price drop in it's kit form in most places. I'm still hankering after a D70 mind you .. savings account is getting there slowly and once it's bought the account name changes from "Camera Account" to "Jabba Account" ... :D

Careful with buying any camera bodies from the US...if you live in the UK and something goes wrong with the camera, you'll have to send it back to the US to get it fixed - meaning you won't have your camera for a month or two.

J

Careful with buying any camera bodies from the US...if you live in the UK and something goes wrong with the camera' date=' you'll have to send it back to the US to get it fixed - meaning you won't have your camera for a month or two.

J[/quote']

All risks house insurance policies get around this one.

Camera goes dodgy, try the warranty route first as i've heard Canon will honour a US warranty sometimes (but i bought whilst i was working there for a while...honest ;) )

If they don't play along, simply "drop" the camera and claim on the house insurance. Job done :D