excecive noise after fitting......

...my new powerflex dogbone mount bush.

on tickover the noise is not really that much diff. and the vibration thru the cabiln is not really increased too much.

when pulling off and increasing the revs slightly the noise is quite nice, like I have a nice deep loud zorst fitted, if you know what I mean? it is quite defening, is it normal?

I haven't tightend it up too much, just enough for the bush to start to bulge a bit.

I am just looking for others oppinions on the subject?

Ill put the fitting Guide up when I get on my laptop.

cheers

billy

cheers si

thats y i put thins on coz there isnt really a big increase in vibration its just the noise.

its like a high pitch vibration thru the cabin that you cant feel just hear. does that sound right?

Hi,

I also fitted a Powerflex dogbone bush. There is a increase in noise (sort of low drone) if you try to move off with the revs too low, and a slight increase in cabin vibration. The big plus is the car feels more secure, the clonk i used to hear when changing gear has gone. Deffo' no regrets.

i havn't driven anywere really yet

only moved the car around outside the block so I could fit it.

ill see how it feels on the road on friday mornin after work,

on another note, How can you tell when your engine mounts are going?

just I can wiggle the side of the gearbox really easy and it moves quite a bit?

cheers si

thats y i put thins on coz there isnt really a big increase in vibration its just the noise.

its like a high pitch vibration thru the cabin that you cant feel just hear. does that sound right?

Yeah I think you'll be alright, give it a few miles and it should settle down.

Like Silver Bullet said, with low revs when pulling away it was worse on mine, if it's still there after a few hundred miles or so then I'd start to worry.

Yes this is quite normal and will settle down :)

I got a poly dog bone bush, full Poly bushed car, Vibratechnics engine mounts and a spec stage 3 rattley clutch. Now that little lot is noisy, lol. I still love it tho.

I changed my engine mounts from std to vibratechnics when i noticed that the engine moved forwards and backwards (more than i thought it should) while gently reving the engine and then taking your foot off the throttle, this caused the engine to move forward then back. I first noticed it while giving my car a service, when my mate started the engine it moved a lot, so checked it out and thought it moved quite a bit so changed the mounts as a matter of caution. This is on a 2003 65k car.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Garry

can I jus ask Si?

how much were your aero wipers? are they the complete thing with the arms n all?

i tried the retro fit ones and they look crap IMO,

Complete kit, using Bora arms and wipers.

I think they were about £40 on a Briskoda group buy.

I think mine are great, much better than standard as they sit a bit lower.

Complete kit, using Bora arms and wipers.

I think they were about £40 on a Briskoda group buy.

I think mine are great, much better than standard as they sit a bit lower.

They definitely work better than the originals and produce less wind noise.

I got mine from the dealer but they are also available from VAGParts.com VAG Part Nos:

Drivers side blade: 1J2 955 426B

Passenger blade: 1J2 955 425B

Drivers arm: 1J2 955409 D

Passenger arm: 1J2 955 410D