New Bury Bluetooth System Fitted

Saw one of these in a friends car recently, and was very impressed.

In some ways, I think it's actually an improvement over the premium bluetooth that comes with the new Superb. The main benefit is that it supports a far wider range of phones, and also does much better with the voice recognition.

Admittedly, it doesn't integrate as nicely with the rest of the car (in the way the MFD3/bluetooth does), but it's still a very nice piece of kit. I'd take it over the Parrot any day.

Bagpuss.

Would you mind if i nipped round one evening and had a look at it? Im thinking of getting one of these.

Who was that refering to?

As I am in Manchester! I have it installed in the company Pool car (Mazda 6), but get that only certain days. But you welcome to check it out.

Edited by vimto2000

• 1 year later...

Just had a Bury Bluetooth system fitted to my VRS. I was looking at a Parrot system but wanted a removable colour screen which is not done by Partot at the moment. Then during my search I found this Bury system. Just had it fitted locally for the same price as the internet (more great service from Uplands in Swansea). I have included pics of the screen removed, screen in place and close up of screen. The system is absolutely great, much better than the Toyota system in my wifes Verso. I can not compare it to the Parrot systems as I have never used one although I find it difficult to believe it will be any better than the Bury. The system was easy to set up- just put the bluetooth on my phone on, type in the code and it paired straight away as well as download my whole address book into it. Then to dial I just say Dial and the name of the contact in my phone book and it finds it and dials it. There was no need to train the system to my voice or add voice tags to each contact it just recognises what I say (had no problems with it understanding me so far). When a call comes in it cuts the stereo and puts the call through the front speakers. The sound is crystal clear and then person on the other end can hear me clearly. It will also read out any text messages I recieve. So far I would give it 10 out of 10.

Hope this is of some use to someone

looks ok, how do you find the touch screen to use and how easy to dial a contact? really thinking buttons are easier whilst driving! also looks a bit big, so much so that you have to take it off the mount each time you get out the car - I cant be done with that!

looks ok, how do you find the touch screen to use and how easy to dial a contact? really thinking buttons are easier whilst driving! also looks a bit big, so much so that you have to take it off the mount each time you get out the car - I cant be done with that!

The touchscreen is easy to use because you only press it once to activate voice control and the rest is done by talking to it. This makes it much safer in my opinion since you do not have one hand off the wheel as you thumb through menus. The voice control is very good with no system training or name tags required required. The screen is a not too big when in situ and the green setting on it makes it a very close match to the Skoda dash colour. I used to take it off and store it in the little draw think to the right of the steering wheel but now generally just leave it in place and have had no issues. It is actually fairly well hidden by the pillar so not obvious from the outside.