Big thanks to Jase (devonutopia)

Fitted my bonnet lifter, and whilst I was at it gave the engine bay a good clean and took a couple of pics.

P1000675.jpg

P1000680.jpg

I won a BRAND NEW BMC CDA induction kit off ebay for £75 all in so I'm gonna fit it and see what it sounds/ performs like.

What do you think?

Where can I get one of these bonet lifters and are they easy to fit? would be good to have!!

Cough! See my sig! Cough! ;) Easy to fit? Definitely! As long as you have the right tools. M8 spline drive is the one most people tend not to have in their toolbox. Rest is done with just spanners/socket

Unfortunatly the engine cover wont fit on with the catch can mod, but never mind, I'm growing to like the naked look :D

Also, for the M8 Spline drive, I found a Number 6 allen key did the job pretty well, a Torx T30 was too small, T40 might fit.

Unfortunatly the engine cover wont fit on with the catch can mod, but never mind, I'm growing to like the naked look :D

Also, for the M8 Spline drive, I found a Number 6 allen key did the job pretty well, a Torx T30 was too small, T40 might fit.

Could you not get hold of another cover and mod it to fit ?

Although tend to agree...naked looks good. :D

The 19mm goodyear hosing was too big to go onto the catch can connectors.

BUT

Hose any smaller wont go over the outlet on the crank case.

So what I did was cut a small length of 19mm hose and ran this from the outlet on the cam cover, then used a brass reducer thing that was lying around (my old man is an electrician/ plumber) and reduced it to some 16mm pipe I got from motorworld. (you can see where this is done just to the right behind the oil filler cap, a sneaky black cable tie hides the shine of the brass connector)

This goes onto the catch can perfectly.

I also used 16mm hose to the intake, however its a right ****er to get it onto the connector on the inlet, had to use lots of patience and hot water to ease it on.