fabiavrs computer

Hi, has anyone had problems with the computer readings on their vrs?

Mine consistently tells me that I am averaging 69 mpg whereas the deisel I buy works out at 56 mpg. Everytime I fill the tank the computer tells me that I have between 650 and 700 miles left in the tank, but even when I run it to 0 left I have only done 500 miles.

The dealer who supplied my car originally said that there was no adjustment on the computer, and then next time told me that it had been set for the wrong engine, but it has made no difference.

I don't expect it to be 100% accurate, but an error of more than 20% means that it is useless.

Apparently they can't! If you do a search you will find that it was possible on earlier models (you can even do it yourself with VAG-COM) there is some sort of fudge factor that you can switch on. However, this has disappeared from later versions of the vRS. I was hoping the dealer would have the technology to do it, given that it seems to be a common complaint but they can't.

What year is your car? Mine is an 06 and the MPG on the last reading was 13MPG out (58mpg on computer 45 when calculated).

I'm trying a tank of BP Ultimate this time and computer is reporting 64mpg. Will see what the real MPG is and then maybe do some adjustments with VAGCom.