Spraying a chrome grill - race blue VRs

Hi all,

I'm after either spraying a grill black match the rest of the grill - quite like the chunkiness this creates, or perhaps race blue to match the rest of my car.

What would I need / How would I go about this / How much would it cost me?

Anyone who's handy with paint jobs fancy doing one for me?

Cheers,

Coop :thumbup:

simple to do...strip grill assembly...stu vrs link shows you how...give the chrome a key with 300 wet n dry paper....get a tin of your colour made up at halfords....2-3 coats...sorted...any imperfections.. flatten with 1000 wet n dry and t cut it and polish.

If you want to strip the chrome - Leave it soaked in bleach and the chrome will come off. Can then be re-spayed. I'm thinking of doing mine but but think it makes the grill look a bit small..... so still thinking!

I used black magic, as thats the colour of my car (mixed at halfrauds in a spray can) and a can of lacquer.

Dead easy to do, just make sure its dried well BEFORE you spray the lacquer (better finish lol)