Help!!

I got my engine light come on today, the car has done like 100,000 miles. I got a funny feeling one of pistons is gone, everytime i rev the car near 10 rev mark, it starts shaking, as soon as you go past that point it goes away.

also, no passenger side windows work - all electronic, no interior lights work, the boot doesnt open, unless clicked from inside. apart from that its ok.

where do i plug the reader into to check my DTC codes?? i can find where the plug is situated in the car.

Which engine? a compression test on each cylinder will show you if you have any problems with the pistons, rings or valve seats etc. If a piston had gone I think you would have more problems than vibrations at 1000rpm. I think the plug is under the dash on the drivers side.

Depending on where you are there might be a member around with VAG-COM that could scan the electronics in the car and tell you exactly why the light came on.

If you already have a reader, the connection is about knee height on the left if you're sitting in the drivers seat. Pull out the can holder, then pull it out completely and you should find the connector behind.

Other than that a quick trip to a garage to diagnose the problem may be your best bet.

isnt revving it to the 10 mark a little extreme?

(assuming it's x1000 like the Felicia rev counter)

Which 1.4 engine have you got? the 8v or the 16v?

Any other lights? like the EPC?

Sorry, I mean i just rev it to the first counter the 1 mark. i got a 16v. engine light only, no other lights.

i mean the electric windows dont work unless operated from the drivers side console and now the boot doesnt open unless operated from the driver side.