Dog Guard, Best One?

How do!

Just purchased a 2002 Octavia 1.9 TDi and I love it!

Need to get a dog guard for the boot, the official Skoda one is £69 from my local dealer, is this the best one to get or is there a cheaper one thats just as good?

Thanks

I've got one for an Astra F which is a proper Vauxhall accessory. It cost me £95 nearly ten years ago, and that was trade price, but in all of that time if fitted like a glove and never so much as rattled once.

If my experience is anything to go by I'd go for the genuine accessory rather than some cheap universal fitting dog guard....

Edited by fatty5000

Been looking a this myself, and by and large, the MkIV Golf guards look just the same as the Octy ones to my untrained eye. Ok, some have lower locating tabs, and some don't, yet even on online auctions, the same VW part number throws up different looking guards.

I would also assume that the same guard would fit both estate and hatch?

Can anybody confirm or otherwise enlighten the unenlightened?

I would also assume that the same guard would fit both estate and hatch?
The dog restraints (guards) are different between Hatch and Estate - and there is a note in the Accessories brochure that they are not suitable for the 4X4.

Where you from Benneh? And welcome to the forum :)

Im from Sheffield mate, the local Skodaparts.com which is located at the local Skoda showroom has them in stock.

Think I will most likely grab the proper one!

Edited by Benneh

Im from Sheffield mate, the local Skodaparts.com which is located at the local Skoda showroom has them in stock.

Think I will most likely grab the proper one!

I have an OEM one sitting in my garage collecting dust. It's for the hatchback. From what I remember it has some slight chip of the paint but i'm sure a quick spray would sort that out. Unfortunately I don't want to post due its size and awkard shape and I'd doubt you'd want to travel all that way for one :(