What make brakes are on the octavia Vrs

Hi just wondered if its not already been covered. but what make brakes are on the Octy mk1 vrs and how many pistons they have. e.g. 2 pot 4 pot and so on.

Hope someone can answer this and if this is in the wrong place my appologies and feel free to move.

Thanks.:)

Not to sure about the make.... but the front and rear brake calipers on an octy vrs are a "single piston sliding caliper" type.

Hope this helps.

It's not really a common problem in this country, but when on the Autobahn last week they really didn't like slowing the car down from the 145mph I was doing at the time.....They felt like the pads were starting to glaze from the heat, but they recovered fairly quickly once cooled. You could feel them fade within about 2 to 3 seconds of standing on the pedal and they were grumbling horribly. I have plenty of pad and disc left, so I would imagine fitting more aggressive pads might help. Can't say I'm going to be doing the 7hour drive to Germany again in the near future though so I'm not too worried! If I track the car though, I might consider changing.

ATE calipers, with either Pagid or ATE discs and pads as standard.

For The_Ors, I think it's partly you not being used to 4-wheel discs. I know mine's not a vRS, but my Octy's brakes aren't desperately impressive after my old Xantia.