Hi from Aberdeenshire!

Yohan

Hey all,

I've popped over from uk-mkivs to say "hi". I'm 20 and currently drive a Golf 1.6 (some pics below) however I fancy something with a bit more punch and looked at Fabia vRS's a while back.

Thought I'd join up and find out more about them, best year i.e a newer model?, common faults, available spec etc

Anyway here's my current car.

P4290040Medium.jpg

P4290021Medium.jpg

P4290035Medium.jpg

Cheers,

John

Thanks, I am :D

I won't be buying until I can scrape the money together sometime next year unfortunately. I'm just away to go in to my last year of uni so won't be able to work as much as I am at the moment :(

However I'll just have to see what comes up then!

Thanks, I am :D

I won't be buying until I can scrape the money together sometime next year unfortunately. I'm just away to go in to my last year of uni so won't be able to work as much as I am at the moment :(

However I'll just have to see what comes up then!

I know how you feel. ;)

Just starting Uni this september so money is probably my main fear at the moment.

Hello & welcome :)

I have had a Fabia vRS for 4 years now....best car I have ever owned.

If you are looking then the early models like mine (54 reg) then it will have the ASZ engine as opposed to the newer (say 56 onwards) which have BLT engines.

Obviously the same 130 bhp lump, just that some people who own the BLT do notice a very slight stutter at about 2000rpm due to some emissions regulation change? - i don't know how bad the stutter is but I hear it's only for a second and there is a fix from Skoda.

They do have some issues with the suspension bushes wearing, but then I suppose they wear on all cars but you will hear more of it on here for Skoda as it's a predominantly Skoda website.

This is a realy good engine for a remap if you ever want to do it, lots of people on here running 170bhp upwards with no trouble.

Some do get a problem with the sealing round the rear doors, mine did and Skoda fixed it under warranty and it's been good ever since.

I'm not trying to put you off at all but these are the sort of things that seem most common. It's swings and roundabouts really, all car makes will have problems.

On the up side, the standard TDi lump is fantastic for what it is, really good fuel economy (I get 50MPG regularly).

I have to say I was scepitcal about the brand until I tried one and bought it straight away, never looked back since.

Hope this is of some help,

Ben

Hello Yohan

The engine in the Fabia is the exact same engine as in a MK4 Golf 130PD

So some info could be found on the UKMKIV forum

I must admit , they are great cars

I have the 100PD Fabia , that has been mapped up to 141BHP

It is great

As has been said , wishbone bushes are one problem

Leaking doors is another

ARB`s

But not an awful lot else