Crashed the car....

How much it will cost depends on how good you want.

You will at least need a new door skin, and the sill will either be beaten and filled or replaced as a whole.

Approximately £300 to £400 at a decent bodyshop!!

The sill should be repaired NOT replaced :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Really you'd want the front wing and rear door blended to ensure a decent colour match. Make sure you check the reputation of the bodyshop you use and insist on new mouldings and waistseals (a common shortcut!!!.

I reckon all of that is repairable panels: a bit of panel beating, filler, and paint. It will still be a few quid though: most of the side will need to be blended in.

If that's a Mk1 I'd say there's a good chance of finding a complete door in a scrappy which could be easier than a repair.

Then it's just the sill to get sorted and that won't stand out as much if it's not 100% perfectly matched

I would certainly be getting the door (or skin if possible) replaced. I would hate to think of it being filled :eek:

Why?

If the worst is knocked out first, it'll be fine- filler is fine if used properly. A lot of it might push out.

A door skin will be expensive to fit, so if it won't repair, a new door may be the best option.

Why?

If the worst is knocked out first, it'll be fine- filler is fine if used properly. A lot of it might push out.

A door skin will be expensive to fit, so if it won't repair, a new door may be the best option.

Because on which covers such a relatively large area, it will be near impossible to get it perfect and when the sun's shining on it any imperfections will stand out like a sore thumb.

Because on which covers such a relatively large area, it will be near impossible to get it perfect and when the sun's shining on it any imperfections will stand out like a sore thumb.

Down to the skill of the bodyshop, I'd say. True, a crap repair will look bad over that area.