Ebay VAG-COM?

nick790

Ebay cables are hit amd miss, How well it works also depend on what car it is for, the ebay cables will not work on the Mk2 Octavia and Mk2 Superb.

Hi,

I bought one from Alphabid to use with My Fabia Vrs. Used with the correct version of Vag-Com, Version 409.1, it allowed me to scan and erase fault codes. I eventually registered the software for $99 and it now allows more functions.

HTH

Regards

Nick,

AFAIK the Mk1 Octavia uses a KEY System NOT CAN so its the same cable as i have. I have had no problem with mine.

Hopefully some Octavia owners will come along and add their tuppence worth.

Have you got your eye on a particular cable?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got a lead from Alpha bid and down loaded the program from ross tech all fine.

After a while of messing around I got it to work, but only the once, and now I cant get it to work again. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Anyone in Kent that may be able to check my lead, I'd just like to know if it's the lead or the program????

Cheers

Nick.

Hi all,

I got a lead from Alpha bid and down loaded the program from ross tech all fine.

After a while of messing around I got it to work, but only the once, and now I cant get it to work again. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Anyone in Kent that may be able to check my lead, I'd just like to know if it's the lead or the program????

Cheers

Nick.

Make sure its in the same usb port that you had it in when it was working, also you need it to be plugged into the car with the ignition on to get it to work. What error message do you get from the program?