is it just me?

or does the octavia have a flexible chasis, i have just been lucky enough to have a demo of a vrs for the week as i am thinking of getting one for my next company car, and have noticed when i go slow down a bump of pothole for example (there are loads outside my work) you can hear the door seals rubbing as if the chasis is twisting or something is this a common fault or is it just the one i ve got, i have a mk 1 oct vrs and fab vrs and these dont make any noises like this, also im interested in the golf gti and as much as i want to like the octavia its just not up to par with the golf interior quality wise or my mk 1 come to think of it, although i do think i had too high expectations after all the good reviews i ve read after they have all said the interior was of typical vw standard i dont think it is, the leather is the cheap kind you get in vauxhalls and is not as good as that in my mk1 sorry to everyone if you think i am putting it down but i cant help feel let down by the brand i have loved for a long time, also the engine sounds a bit gruff if you know what i mean not as good as the golf. Any answers to my original question would be appreciated.

I live in a ridiculous speed bump town and mine never creaks or anything when going over them.All is very quiet inside and doesn,t have trim rattles like my MK1 did.

Stick with Skoda its probally just that car you have driven which does it.

Its a bit obscure, but I have noticed the door seals squeaking on road humps and where I park with two wheels on the pavement. I guess all cars twist and bend, but the squeaky seals make that obvious. The VRS is stiffened of course...

I put some silicon lubricant on the seals and this helped for a bit.

Perhaps we both have cut and shuts?!?!

My advice is if you're prepared to pay the premium for the GTi and don't need the practicality of the Octavia then get the GTi.

Mine doesn't have any door seal rubbing but does have the odd rattle or two.

Otherwise a great car though.

or does the octavia have a flexible chasis, i have just been lucky enough to have a demo of a vrs for the week as i am thinking of getting one for my next company car, and have noticed when i go slow down a bump of pothole for example (there are loads outside my work) you can hear the door seals rubbing as if the chasis is twisting or something is this a common fault or is it just the one i ve got, i have a mk 1 oct vrs and fab vrs and these dont make any noises like this, also im interested in the golf gti and as much as i want to like the octavia its just not up to par with the golf interior quality wise or my mk 1 come to think of it, although i do think i had too high expectations after all the good reviews i ve read after they have all said the interior was of typical vw standard i dont think it is, the leather is the cheap kind you get in vauxhalls and is not as good as that in my mk1 sorry to everyone if you think i am putting it down but i cant help feel let down by the brand i have loved for a long time, also the engine sounds a bit gruff if you know what i mean not as good as the golf. Any answers to my original question would be appreciated.

MkV Golf GTI has the same engine and same platform as a Mk II VRS.... The Golf interior may be a little better in terms of rattles but the Octy costs a good £3k less - are you the sort who shops in aldi and expects Waitrose quality ????????????

MkV Golf GTI has the same engine and same platform as a Mk II VRS.... The Golf interior may be a little better in terms of rattles but the Octy costs a good £3k less - are you the sort who shops in aldi and expects Waitrose quality ????????????

by all means you're wrong about the golf is better in any way then the octavia, i have a golf and an octavia (same platrofm, parallel trim level)and the octavia is better then the golf in EVERYTHING

Especially the trim, after sitting in a golf courtesy car, I would have refused to drive it again , if it had not had stickers on the outside telling people I hadn't spent my own money on it!

Engine was lacklustre (It was a 1.6 after all), trim was poor and cheap, found out later it costs almost the same as my mk2 rs!

Billy

p.s. taxi, when's the next proposed Bournemouth roll out? :cool:

i know all about the VAG group as they are all i have owned in my 10 cars previous so i know the gti is the same platform and engine as the vrs but after driving the vrs the engine does sound rougher than the golf, even though there the same engine im sure in the factory vw and skoda dont just get the engine out of a box and put there own badge on im sure there will be some kind of engieering that goes on in each factory to these engines. I always thought vw did overprice there cars to the same equivilent of skoda and seat but you can see where the extra money goes in terms of build quality, eg audi build is better than vw it is like going down the pecking order and anyone who doesnt agree with me is simple, as i say once again i have 2 skodas at the moment so its not like im trying to put them down cause im the first one to defend them if anyone bad mouths them, but im just being honest about todays generation of VAG cars and i think you can defo see the difference more than you could in the previous generation eg mk4 golf, mk1 oct and A3 were all very similar in build quality.