hello all

octavia1.4

new guy here from galway in the republic of ireland.

my name is brendan.

i'm currently driving a 2002 octavia 1.4 16 valve.

bought it a year ago (15 sept) with 72995 miles on the clock.

it has been serviced every 5000~6000 miles and timing belt has been done at 82000 and there is now 87000 on the clock.

i really hope to learn things here and make some new friends.

bye for now

brendan

why thank you very much. and for the record even with my non working passanger side window and electric mirrors that are stuck on the passanger side side mirror i love this car :D and it ****es me off when people that have never driven one slate it as a piece of crap :mad:

Top o' the mornin' to you Brendan.

You didn't actually ask, but I think your issues sound like a problem with the passenger door wiring loom? Does the courtesy light work correctly off that door? If not, I'm sure that's the problem.

Hey Brendan, hello from a wet and windy south coast, Cork here, and welcome along to the site. Might run into you at one of the Irish meets sometime

Bryan

hi bryan. hopfully get to a few but i do shift work so it will be hard enough to go to one. but how ever i'll get to one eventually:D thanks for the welcome

Top o' the mornin' to you Brendan.

You didn't actually ask, but I think your issues sound like a problem with the passenger door wiring loom? Does the courtesy light work correctly off that door? If not, I'm sure that's the problem.

i will post this in the relivant section but yes the light works normally when the door is opened.there is still power going to the window motor but it's not opening the window. when the window slips don about an inch the motor will close it but only if you you pres the button downas in to open the window.

hi bryan. hopfully get to a few but i do shift work so it will be hard enough to go to one. but how ever i'll get to one eventually:D thanks for the welcome

I do the hated shift work also :finger:, and miss more meets that I get to, but with luck we will end up at 1 together at some point :thumbup:

I do the hated shift work also :finger:, and miss more meets that I get to, but with luck we will end up at 1 together at some point :thumbup:
i was going through some pictures of past meets and i'd be to embarrested to go to one the state my car is in and all because 1 case of hard luck one of hit and run and one case of ahh f*ck.

hard luck was around chrismas time last year had the car 3 months going to work hit some black ice hit a curb at 06:45 :rolleyes: burst the tire screwed up the drivers side alloy and bent the half shaft and wishbone. had to get it towed and used an old axel lift thing that put chain marks on the front bumper

hit and run was again at work. second time and last time i was late couldnt park where i normally park and after a 12 hour shift came back and found

someone had hit the back passangersidse corner of my car :mad: left it with a broken light a dint right on the corner and a split on the bumper. to replace the light i had to do a rought panel beating job and there is bare metal i need to re spray

and the ahhhh f*ck was getting caught out with an extreemly high curb :o hit the bumper over an inch up from the bottom and has the bumper pushed out on eather side

so i need a lot of work done before i go to one

i was going through some pictures of past meets and i'd be to embarrested to go to one the state my car is in and all because 1 case of hard luck one of hit and run and one case of ahh f*ck.

hard luck was around chrismas time last year had the car 3 months going to work hit some black ice hit a curb at 06:45 :rolleyes: burst the tire screwed up the drivers side alloy and bent the half shaft and wishbone. had to get it towed and used an old axel lift thing that put chain marks on the front bumper

hit and run was again at work. second time and last time i was late couldnt park where i normally park and after a 12 hour shift came back and found

someone had hit the back passangersidse corner of my car :mad: left it with a broken light a dint right on the corner and a split on the bumper. to replace the light i had to do a rought panel beating job and there is bare metal i need to re spray

and the ahhhh f*ck was getting caught out with an extreemly high curb :o hit the bumper over an inch up from the bottom and has the bumper pushed out on eather side

so i need a lot of work done before i go to one

That just makes the car look "lived with" :rofl: - My car is far from perfect, have curbed more wheels than I care to remember myself:O :rofl:. Will collect you close to the meet point and you can travel in with me if you want (but I will need to do some MAJOR cleaning inside my car beofre then:O)

me and you seem to have some similarities and yes i may take you up on that offer. my car gets cleaned inside when theres about 30 bottles 20 news pappers and 10 copies of motorcycle news in it and i cant remember the last time i even opened my boot lid. the outside washed once a week if possible waxed two to 3 times a year.

• 2 years later...

Hi all. Just thought id reintroduce myself. Still have the octavia although it now has almost 123K miles on the clock. Well any ways thought id stop lurking long enough to say hello and wish all a happy Christmas.

Brendan