Should I buy this??

jonnycatbiscuit

Some thing about not touching and a bardge pole is springing to mind :thumbdwn:

I suppose if you wanted spare parts for a simular model then go for it.

Thats had a serious bang. The chasis looks bent in more than one of the pictures.

I would say steer well clear.

But the sound they make :thumbup:

Or in the case of this one......broooommmm, brooooommm, screeeeeeeeeechchchchch, BANG :rolleyes:

Gonna cost you that one John.

cost to buy? or cost to repair?

It's a £19k car with a £3k RHD conversion, so even as a cat D repair it'll still be worth £15k plus once it's done...

and the sound from that 4.6L V8......... I can hear it calling me!

Cost to repair.

I thnk it would be a long term job and you'd be forever trying to get parts from the US.

could be right...but what better time to buy parts from the USA?

Stu, you're too sensible. Although what you say makes sense.

Maybe I could buy a Cervini front end for it... and I already have a contact with a jig...

Hmmmm, so indecisive......................

I think it would be one of those where you start the work on it and realise what a big mistake you've made! lol

Will envolve lots of straightening out underneath and then lots of new panels and probably all new running gear on the front including new steering rack etc by the looks.

Although on the other hand.... how much will all that actually costs you?

Suppose if you were already thinking about getting something like this then it could potentially save you money on buying a new or used one in good nick... but if it's just a spur of the moment thought... LEAVE IT! lol

Phil

If you can find a felicia to put the engine in :D

That does look pretty bent from the front, but if it's only a cat D it can't actually be that bad.

As already said i think that would be an into a body shop, find out what is wrong then order it from the US to fit in a single go job. Not cheap.

Winning bid £6.5k then.

In fairness I don't think I could see any evidence of a bent chassis, I think it was just front end and more likely written off due to repair costs and importing parts.

Did look like a slight rip in the cow skin on the front seat though.

Winning bid £6.5k then.

In fairness I don't think I could see any evidence of a bent chassis, I think it was just front end and more likely written off due to repair costs and importing parts.

Did look like a slight rip in the cow skin on the front seat though.

I missed the end of the *&%%^£$ auction! (Not that I would have paid £6.5k anyway - my ceiling was £5k)

Never mind, probably for the best...:mad:

If you really wanted one of these it would probably be cheaper to get a runner in the states & import it. This is definitely true for speedboats & from what I saw when over there, probably true for Mustangs as well.

If you really wanted one of these it would probably be cheaper to get a runner in the states & import it. This is definitely true for speedboats & from what I saw when over there, probably true for Mustangs as well.

Probably work out about the same money - trouble is, I can justify buying a really cheap, damaged Mustang and then spending money repairing it; but the thought of forking out over £10k for a car that's currently in a foreign country is too risky for the wife!:thumbup:

Oh well... One day...