expostmanpat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice - but what the hell was that with the van at about 1m 40s? :eek:

I thought you were gonna hit the armco!

Steve

Lol, was wondering if anyone would notice that!

I don't know, tbh, he tried to pull out in front of Irin (the car in front of me) and Irin had to slam on his brakes. Then, just as I was about to go past he decided to pull out again, luckily I'd already guessed what he was going to do so made sure I had enough room to get past.

I've got some pics containing other peoples cars that I was hoping to put forward for consideration of inclusion in the calendar, does anyone mind if their car is in the pictures? I'll be blanking numberplates etc.

Well you've seen the good videos and pictures, now for some bad ones.

DSC00270_boat.jpg

An optimist with a boat near the top of the Col de Turini names it rather pessimistically...

DSC00267_sign1.jpg

Lost and going around in circles, who me, never

DSC00268_sign2.jpg

Well this time it was a sat nav error, again!! Honestly Andrew, they just don't make them like they used to.

DSC00272_pros.jpg

The professionals look on patiently while the amateur balances precariously on top of a fence.

DSC00285_cars_people.jpg

We simply had to stop here as the view was breathtaking.

DSC00292_st_bernardino.jpg

The cafe at the top of the St Bernardino Pass. Where were all the customers? Why clogging up the roads of course.

DSC00298_upbeatinchur.jpg

An upbeat Briskodian in Chur contemplates the prospect of more exciting drives over the next few days...

DSC00299_downinchur.jpg

while a more downbeat Briskodian attempts to digest Cafe de Paris sauce.

DSC00303_czchick.jpg

A Briskodian does his bit to try and foster international relations with a young Czech lady whose Daddy works for Skoda.

She said she was surprised to see so many Skodas on top of an Alp; we were even more surprised to see a Czech-registered Peugeot get that far!

DSC00317_furby.jpg

I take pictures of my brave little Furby while everyone else takes pictures of a Maserati and chats to the driver.

DSC00331_whereto.jpg

My fascination with signposts grew as the trip progressed and the sat nav became more and more unreliable (cough, cough).

DSC00327_scenery.jpg

DSC00332_valley.jpg

DSC00333_mountains.jpg

There's not a lot I can say that adds any value at all to the spectacular scenery we drove through.

DSC00335_roxy.jpg

Roxy, while freezing, points out to me where we are so I don't attempt to visit it again later that same day.

DSC00337_glacier.jpg

One of many high-lights for me, worthy of another longer visit.