Looking for 16in alloys for a Superb

jefran

It might seem an odd thing to do, but I would like to put 5 spoke 16in alloys on my Superb, but I don't want to pay the £115 per wheel quoted in the Skoda price list. I'd prefer to fit original Skoda ones if possible, any ideas on where to look?

• 1 month later...

Sorry - I've been away and not been round here for a bit. The car actually has 17in alloys, but the cost of tyres is so much higher than the 16in on my old Passat, that I was wondering whether it would be worth changing - I don't even like the 17s that much either!

Is that set of 8 spokes still there?

Sorry - I've been away and not been round here for a bit. The car actually has 17in alloys, but the cost of tyres is so much higher than the 16in on my old Passat, that I was wondering whether it would be worth changing - I don't even like the 17s that much either!

Is that set of 8 spokes still there?

Yeah, that's a fair enough point. I've found that decent 225/45/17's a a lot more than the 205/55/16 I used to have :(

Still, I guess you can always play with tyre sizes to see if you can get a better price...

Yeah, that's a fair enough point. I've found that decent 225/45/17's a a lot more than the 205/55/16 I used to have :(

Still, I guess you can always play with tyre sizes to see if you can get a better price...

205/50/17 might be a bit cheaper. They are on the Mondeo and Volvo AFAIK.

OT here but do the Superb Solids only come in 17"?

205/50/17 might be a bit cheaper. They are on the Mondeo and Volvo AFAIK.

Urrm... I'd say the 225/45's tend to be more popular, they're OE on a lot of cars now. Still, yes, that's exactly my point - "same" rolling circumfrence but more popular tyres are cheaper options.

The example I always use is a Corsa C SWMBO used to have (now sister in law's) - OE were 185/55/15 and the car now runs on 195/50/15's which are about £40 a pop cheaper. Car handles better now to boot.