Cars booked in this week (And a manky VRS)NSF<1MB

SILVERSAUSAGE

My turn for the write up(s) this time:rolleyes:

Me and Fonzie:rofl: had the pleasure of 3 cars this week. My pre sale scoob, the brother in laws to be MR2.:mad: and a manky shed vrs (BIGw's).

Never took too much pics as it usually me thats doing all the work and bigw doing the photos.

Anyway, on to the process. No big story. just a quick process, then on to the afters.

Wash

• Foamed with Meguiars hyperwash, arches / engine with meguiars safe degreaser
  • No need for clay as this was done during the week with meguiars mild clay, (by my not so little helper):rofl:
  • All checks cleaned with p21s auto wash and a swissvax detail brush.
  • Needed to be careful with the wheels as they are mirror polished comps and very fragile, so a weak apc mix and the old EEEEEZY brush to remove the road grime and a test of the new cherry (non acidic) cleaner from autobrite.
  • Dried with a miracle dryer and wiped over with menzerna final inspection.

Correction

• Had a look at the paint thickness and showing healthy readings of around 117 down to a low of 90 arround the bottoms of the rear quarters. The Fabia has been corrected before, so not much work to be done.
  • Polished with Ultrafina on a Black 3m high gloss pad at 900 and refined at 600 on the rotary. i find that the work time on these speeds give good correction on the VAG.
  • We then used carlack Nano System Care 68 on a damp 3m blue pad. This product provides uv protectant as well as pre clensing the paint ready for wax.
  • And again used menzerna final inspection for remaining residue.

Wax

• After a bit of consideration we decided to stay away from the ZYM*L as it doesnt seem to offer a long term protection and conssidering its coming up to winter, a hard wax was preferred. Poorboys Nattys Paste Blue. 2 coats.
  • This was applied a panel at a time with a german applicator. This is a fast curing product and an on and off method works the best if applying 2 coats.
  • Buffed off any remaining residue with menzerna final inspection.

Odds And Sods

• Interior with 303 protectant and leather done with ZYM*L leather cleaner / conditioner.

• Trims / arches finished with meguiars all season dressing

• Tyres with meguiars long last gel
  • Wheels sealed with poorboys wheel sealant. 3 coats
  • Engine finished with 303 aerospace
  • Exhaust pipes polished with meguiars nxt with tinfoil and finished with microfibre.
  • glass cleaned with autoglym fast glass

some pics. sorry there is no big write up. PS Bigw's been growing his hair, all comments welcome:rofl:

wallerssheddetail006.jpg

wallerssheddetail005.jpg

wallerssheddetail012.jpg

wallerssheddetail010.jpg

wallerssheddetail003.jpg

wallerssheddetail002.jpg

wallerssheddetail007.jpg

wallerssheddetail004.jpg

(MMMMMM NATTYS TASTES NICE!!!!)

wallerssheddetail011.jpg

wallerssheddetail017.jpg

wallerssheddetail014.jpg

We find a good indicator of the clarity of the finnish can be found by inverting the colours. we like to call is a je nais pa de bla de bleeeee:rofl:

baker will probably know what im getting at here.

wallerssheddetail0171.jpg

and the obligatory, i live in a nice place pic

wallerssheddetail018.jpg

One last one of the new sat nav on start up. veeeeery nice!

wallerssheddetail022.jpg

Nice to see you guys posting some work in here and looks like you have been working on some cracking motors...............:thumbup:

Love that Impreza and the TT Comps suit the Fabia IMHO!!

Paintwork on all looks cracking..............:eek: