Cruise Control Problem

I just installed a cruise control on my Octavia I,1.9 TDi,ALH engine.The problem is that the cruise control isn't working.

1.I put it on the ON position.

2.I enabled it using Vag-Com,and at the engine module,meas.blocks,channel 6 I can see a 0 under Cruise Control(so it's enabled using that login code),I can see 1 if I swith on the ON position,and 17 if I push the brake pedal.

3.Also,on the 6th channel of the meas.blocks,in the third cell,I can see 6 numbers,mostly all are 0.The first one becomes 1 if i push the clutch,second one becomes 1 if I push the brake pedal,third one if I push one of the buttons that are on the stalk,and the 4th one becames 1 if I push the other one(SET,RES buttons,nut sure which represents the 3rd number and which represents the 4th one).The 5th number is all the time 0,and the 6th one is all the time 1.

Also I am curious if a light should come up on the dashboard when I enable cruise control.My octavia is an Elegance version if that helps.

I really don't understand where the problem is.I tried using it at 30km/h up to 150km/h,but it isn't working.The brake pedal switch is new.I should also state that the cruise control stalk is for a seat leon tdi,but I don't think this is a problem since all the stalk buttons are functioning(I can see that in VAG COM).Any ideas or suggestions?

I was going to suggest the brake light switch, but it sounds like you have already changed that! Might be worth double checking it though!

Otherwise VRStu has a lot of knowledge on these things!

Good luck

Right now I am with a laptop in my car.I have G400SG,so it's enabled.Brake switch it's ok,because I don't see any light on the dashboard,the brake lights are on only if I press the pedal,and I don't see any trouble code.Cluch switch is ok,since I can see it changing from 0 to 1 when I push the pedal.

I installed it after the Seat Leon manual,but I read the Octavia manual right now and I saw that the wiring is identical.Fuse no 5 in the fusebox is ok.

Edited by infoschumi

Since I can see on VAG COM a change from 0 to 1 everytime I press a specific button on the stalk,I guess connections are ok.I checked the Octavia manual,and the pins are identical to those from Seat.

Now I just found this:

Engine Module

Meas.Blocks

Group 006 (test with ignition switch on),third cell

Right cruise control system 6 digit display has a 1, left to right, when:

Clutch operated

Brake pedal operated

Resume speed operated on the switch

Acceleration operated on the switch

Cruise control and memory switched off

Cruise controll system switched on

In my situation

First digit changes to 1 when i push clutch.

Second changes to 1 when i push brake pedal.

Third changes to 1 when I hit the RES button.

4th changes to 1 when I hit the SET button.

6th changes to 1 when I turn to ON.

Problem is that the 5th digit is always 0,it never turns to 1.

I received a wire.At one end it has a connector that goes in the cruise control stalk.At the other end it has 4 wires(that goes in that black 10-pin connector,blue-pin 1,red/yellow-pin 2,black/yellow-pin 3,white-pin 9),and it also has a wire blue/black I think that went to the fusebox at fuse number 5.It's a diesel engine,so I think that's all,isn't it?

Pin assignments should be as follows -

1 - Blue

2 - Red/Yellow

3 - Black/Yellow

9 - White

So that looks ok.

I'm a bit lost after that, if you are sure the brake pedal is ok and the fuse it ok.

The brake pedal switch is 100% good.I'll try tomorrow to remove the fuse to see if I'll still get those changing digits in VAG-COM,if I won't it means that the fuse is ok,and the wiring to the fuse is also ok.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the possibility that one of the 4 wires got out of that 10-pin connector,or maybe there is an imperfect contact between the pins,I'll check that tomorrow too.Any idea what's the "job"(not sure how to say it) of each of those 4 pins?That way maybe I could track the problem.

I also found something about Vacuum System that may cause problems!?Is there any possibility in my octavia?If so,is there a way to check?

And again,should there be a light to indicate when cruise control is on?

Later edit

I managed to make it work.The problem was at the 9th pin wire,the white wire.It wasn't a good connection between the pins,so I cut the white wire from both connectors and stick it back together using some insulating tape.I managed to spot the problem using VAG-COM as that 5th changing digit was all the time 0 and it was supposed to be 1 while Cruise Control was turned on.Thank you for your help.

Edited by infoschumi