Yet another central locking problems

thephm

Ghads it's been a long time since I've been on here.

Anywho, the drivers side door is not locking/unlocking when using the remote or the switch in the drivers door arm rest, using the key in the lock works fine and all the doors lock/unlock off that. Windows, mirrors, interior lights, and door open indicator work correctly, but the red led does weird things - always on or off or sometimes it just kinda glows dimly.

"Shutting" the door by closing the catch with a screwdriver, pressing the button on the remote and listening to the lock I can hear the motor trying to do something.

VAG-Com is showing error 00928 - Locking Module 27-00 implausible signal. Looking at the measuring blocks it correctly shows the door open/closed status and the locked/unlocked status.

If it wasn't for the led doing weird things I'd say that it was just the locking module needing replaced but would a new wiring loom be a sensible idea too ?

Cheers

Barney

It could be a wire and it is worth checking first.

However, it sounds more like a dry joint in the lock module and would explain the dimmed warning light. My guess is that it is one of the two limit switches.

If this is the case, then there is a post on here somewhere showing how to fix it.

And of course it still could be the controller:(