Does the Octy vRS normally suffer from uneven tyre wear?

lordrobs

I've noticed that the tyres on the rear of my car have worn unevenly across the width of the tyre. Both have worn the same so I'm wondering if this is just the way the car is?

The outer 1/3 are down to about 2mm, the middle has a good 3-4 mm left and the inside still has 5-6mm. Same on both, just seems a bit odd?

What tyres are they ???

Mine did that with cheap tyres but doesn't seem as bad with the Toyos.

I always thought rear beam bushes may play a part in it.

Tyres are pretty decent. Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position... I think.

I'll go and get actual measurements, maybe its not as bad as I'm making out.

EDIT- Actual measurements are 2mm outside, 3mm middle and 4mm inner so not as big of a difference as I thought :o

Edited by lordrobs

Camber may be a little off but its not adjustable also if your alignment was ever out at some stage your tyres it will show it for the rest of the tyre life.

Ah ok. When I got my front tyres fitted they said the tracking was out by 2mm which I got sorted so maybe that didn't help. Oh well, looks like its new rubber time. I was hoping I could get the backs to last until the fronts needed doing so I could justify changing from 205's to 225's :(

My Octy has badly worn the inside edges of the rear tyres for the last couple of tyre changes. Each time I have the tracking checked, but it still keeps wearing the tyres badly. Guessing something else is wrong (tracking checked at various places), but not sure what?

Consistently wearing the inside edges of both rears more heavily than the outside edges tends to suggest you're running negative camber (tops of wheels closer together than bottoms), if it's not tracking.

Car has been tracked a number of times (at three different garages). Is camber not normally checked when tracking is done?

From what I can remember,Skoda changed the settings on the Oct MKII, so it may be

possible to do the same on the MKI. It involved fitting shims at the **** end.

Much like Teflon Tom is doing at present :)

Edited by vRSLen

Surely I should not need to fit shims unless there is something the matter with the car (like it has been ****ed from behind?).

Right.... I need to find someone in the Weymouth area for a proper check.... any suggestions?!

For what exactly ????

Whats their correct title :P

Check the Favorit, Felicia et al forum for the threads about Teflon Tom's Felicia 2.0l project, specifically I think the one about the rear disc conversion.