HVAC Coding - Octavia II

mrx

Does anybody know if it is posible to change the coding of the HVAC module on an Octavia II?

Whenever I remove the key from the ignition the HVAC reverts to "dual" mode off. Thus, the passenger has to reset the temperature on their side of the car, once the car is restarted. This is annoying if undertaking several short trips. In my Golf the temperatures come back to the settings they were left at, in the Skoda the passenger's side changes to the same as the driver's side - is it possible to change this?

I have looked with VCDS, but the coding boxes aren't selectable for the HVAC module. Is there a login code to do this?

Understood, thanks for the reply.

Is it possible that this setting is in another module somewhere, or is it hardcoded into the EEPROM / flash of the HVAC module? The only reason I ask is that other owners have told me that theirs does not behave the same way. That is, when they turn off the ignition their passenger side temperature stays independant of the driver's side (this is also how my Golf GTI behaves).

I have one question about the basic setting of HVAC module.

Is there a special procedure to make this? I've enabled the basic setting and the module runs the flaps through their positions. The climatronic screen show some odd signs. Do you need to do something else or is that it?

My problem is the famous climatronic flapping sound which should be cured with dealer diagnostics easily. Is the basic setting the same thing?

Nope, nothing special besides the basic setting. Your noise problem is known, there is a software update like thing available but that doesn't fix it in all cases. At the end your dealer should know what to do about this (I think it was replacing the module and/or the related flap).

Nope, nothing special besides the basic setting. Your noise problem is known, there is a software update like thing available but that doesn't fix it in all cases. At the end your dealer should know what to do about this (I think it was replacing the module and/or the related flap).

Ok thank you. I have to ask about the software update. The car is out of warranty so I won't be paying for a new clima unit or flap motors. I think I can live with the sound.

My problem is the famous climatronic flapping sound which should be cured with dealer diagnostics easily. Is the basic setting the same thing?

After having the Eprom upgrade on mine new solenoid valves IIRC were installed and they became much quieter :thumbup: