Skoda knocking sound..

Hi All,

My wife's Fabia Mk1 which she has had since new (2002) has a knocking sound from the front passenger side when going over bumps, cornering etc., i.e. typical symptoms described in an older thread ..http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/knocking-noise-front-maybe-broken-anti-roll-bar/73402/

Since I am not as advanced an engineer as some of you guys on this forum are !! can anyone suggest a good independent garage to do this is Birmingham ? I would like to change the bushes only instead of the whole assembly. Strangely, I had this done at the skoda all electric paying them almost £350 two years ago, but the problem is back. This time i will want to go independent as only the bushes need changing.

Thanks in anticipation

Rohit

Hi All,

My wife's Fabia Mk1 which she has had since new (2002) has a knocking sound from the front passenger side when going over bumps, cornering etc., i.e. typical symptoms described in an older thread ..http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/knocking-noise-front-maybe-broken-anti-roll-bar/73402/

Since I am not as advanced an engineer as some of you guys on this forum are !! can anyone suggest a good independent garage to do this is Birmingham ? I would like to change the bushes only instead of the whole assembly. Strangely, I had this done at the skoda all electric paying them almost £350 two years ago, but the problem is back. This time i will want to go independent as only the bushes need changing.

Thanks in anticipation

Rohit

Sounds a bit much for an anti roll bar?!?

I recently went to VW Rescue in wombourne, guys there were top notch and only use vag parts :thumbup: Little bit of a trek from brum, other side of dudley... but may be worth it.

Work this out? Last week I did a couple of lengthy drives in my Fabia vRS, when I gave the wheel full lock (right) from a stationary position and accellerated slowly I could here the knocking from front right. Having seen and read anbout this common fault on here I just assumed it was something on the Front ARB. I took it to my usual independant garage and they couldnt find a thing wrong - they road tested it twice and had it on the ramps but everything was totally fine and they simply couldnt get it to make the knocking noise! I told them it had only done it a few times so I went to the garage to see if I could make it knock myself, so I did a few turning manoeuvres in their car park and nothing?????? In the last two weeks it has not knocked once even though Ive been deliberately trying to replicate the noise! They cant fix what isnt broke I guess but what was causing the knock I heard a couple of times? Anyone got any ideas?

Hmmm i've found after owning a few cars... some knocks only happen when its really cold. The bushes on my roll bar were fecked on my astra, but only when it had been cold or wet over night. Probably as they were rubber, so could be something similar. I'd just keen on eye out for it again