Badging on Octavia 2's

I bought an Octavia estate in February (57 ex demo). The registration documents say it is a L&K model but there are no badges on the car other than Octavia on the back door. On my previous Octavia (2001) there was "Elegance" Octavia and engine "1.9 TDI". Is this usual with modern Octavias?

yes. With the Mk2 Octavia there is no external badging to denote spec apart from the Vrs which has the logo on the grill and the bar under the Octavia badge.

It depends on the L&K, because there are 2 versions in the octy2.

Early ones were just Elegances that had extras fitted by Skoda UK in the UK, and the later ones were supplied straight from the factory. I guess wether you have a badge or not depends on which version your car is.

yes. With the Mk2 Octavia there is no external badging to denote spec apart from the Vrs which has the logo on the grill and the bar under the Octavia badge.

Not so on my 2007 (new spec) L&K which has an L&K badge on both front wings (abouth the size of a indicator repeater and about in the same position as you would on other cars without repeaters in the mirror housing).

Here is mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/runboy/PICT0233.jpg

Not so on my 2007 (new spec) L&K which has an L&K badge on both front wings (abouth the size of a indicator repeater and about in the same position as you would on other cars without repeaters in the mirror housing).

Here is mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/runboy/PICT0233.jpg

Yes, thats the factory skoda L&K. The Skoda UK special L&K had 16" alloys the same as fitted to the elegance.

Yup, the first MkII L&K's were the same as an Elegance but added heated leather seats, dimming door mirrors and maxidot amongst other things.

Also, the only TDI engine available on the current L&K variant is the 2.0 PD140.

but the first mkii L&K's also had a Laurin&Klement badge on the back under the octavia badge. Most seem to have removed theirs as it looked poo (like a cheap cake decoration). ive seen it on a few of them but its been removed from mine

PS norb72, has yours got L&K kickplates on the front doors?

Yup, the first MkII L&K's were the same as an Elegance but added heated leather seats, dimming door mirrors and maxidot amongst other things.

Also, the only TDI engine available on the current L&K variant is the 2.0 PD140.

Sounds like my '06 is one of the Skoda UK ones, with the badge on the tailgate and the kickplates on the front door sills, but with a 2.0 TDI 170PD engine (ok I did that).

• 1 year later...

Dragging this topic up from the dead....

Looking at two L&K's - one is a 55 low mileage, the other is an 07 higher mileage, about £700 more for the newer one.... but....

My main query - what is the spec difference between different years of L&K?

When I look on AutoTrader, all I see is the "current" spec of L&K Octavia, but what would I get on a 55 and 07 car...

Toys / twiddles / gadgets may be the deciding factor!

Thanks

Gavin