best wipers for Aquapel

chicken_eyebrow

As the winter is well on it's way I think I probably need to re-do the front screen with Aquapel. I did it about 4 months ago but it has now got really smeary which IIRC Cheezemonkhai pointed out was due to having crap wipers.

What would be the best wipers to use with Aquapel to avoid this smearing problem with the next lot I put on?

Also how do you get old Aquapel off the screen?

I've not had smearing issues with Aquapel, I must say. This has come up before and perhaps people have ended up putting it on a bit thickly? I'm not sure.

I'm a bit disappointed by my current set of Bosch aeros, they've not lasted a very long time. Might try some of the Valeos mentioned, and I usually buy from Wiperblades anyway.

Are the PIAA ones mentioned an aero design? I think these work much better with the Fabia screen and were also quieter than OEM ones.

Steve

I bought some of these too and they are working well so far (with an Aquapelled screen) - look to be decent value for money.

One word of warning though - their Ebay advert for the Fabia (Skoda Fabia 99-06 FLAT WINDSCREEN WIPERS BLADES UPGRADE on eBay, also Wipers, Washers Jets, Exterior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 16-Oct-08 11:16:10 BST)) states a driver side 20" and passenger side 21". In reality you need driver 21" and passenger 19" IIRC - I had to send one of mine back for a replacement but I didn't manage to convince the girly on the phone that the advert was wrong.

Interestingly, the link above for Octavia wipers would be what is needed so probably best to order this even if its for a Fabia. Jigger - I'm assuming the one you bought was the right size for your Octy!

Jigger - I'm assuming the one you bought was the right size for your Octy!

Yes Andy, they fit prrrrfect (21" and 19") and they really do sweep the whole screen clear. Only took about 30 secs to fit as well. Result :thumbup:

or try piaa silicone wipers

quite simply the best wiper i have ever tried and you dont need aquapel or rainx or any other potion as the wipers coat the window as you wipe

Quite agree! I used to have a set on a previous car. Got Bosch Aeros on at the moment and they are quite good - for about 2 weeks. Then they are rubbish.

PIAA are expensive though!

Edited by KLM
Typo

Will probably go for aeros as it's got bog standard wipers on it at the moment. Can you get silicon aeros?

Nope. PIAA's are the mutts nuts and worht every penny as they never seem to wear out. I have found Aquapel to be a waste of time especially compared to the PIAA wipers. However, if you can find any of this W5 Nano Protect Test und Preisvergleich (They sometimes have it in LIDLs and I wish I had got another 5 kits) you will have the best thing I have used since the wipers, the stuff is fantastic and only costs £4.99 for about 5 applications worth.

Would love a set of PIAAs for the Roomy but they don't seem to make them in Aero form. Best Aero's I have found are OEM which are about £16 a set.

Edited by Decron

Heres something else for you to try!

I dont know how well it will compare to the proper windscreen water repellants, but ive been using some Flash Multi surface & Glass cleaner on my windscreen, sprayed on then wiped with some newspaper. It gives a brilliant shine to the windows, and the water beads off brilliantly! Theres no smearing. Only thing i suppose, it probably doesnt last as long, but just apply some more - its only about £1.50 a bottle. Get it on your weekly shop too!

Si

Yep, look right sizes and I'm sure they perform well. But they don't half look cr@p, compared to aero ones. I don't think I could go back! I know it's not all about how they look, and it shouldn't really matter, but even so.... :o

Steve

Yep, look right sizes and I'm sure they perform well. But they don't half look cr@p, compared to aero ones. I don't think I could go back! I know it's not all about how they look, and it shouldn't really matter, but even so.... :o

Steve

You will not be dissapointed. I ran these for 57k on my Fabia and the were fantastic from start to finish (They are probably still on there now where ever the car is...)

I don't doubt it - don't think I've heard a bad word about PIAA wipers. But could they please do some aero ones??

Steve

I may be experimenting soon with some refills and an old set of aeros....