Hit the deck

BOYCARP

Funny that I've been looking at exhaust systems not many to choose from tho

No, you're right... it'll probably be custom made or butchering a B5 Passat one.

However, as for tailpipes... if you fit an exhaust so they're "visible" then you'll have to cut the bumper...

IMHO the only way this can look good is if you go for duplex with a single pipe each side, like a lot of the Audis (and indeed other marques these days). I@m not even that keen on the Edition 100's (and IIRC some of the MY05 -> facelift) factory fitted tailpipes personally :thumbdwn:

Hidden = win :)

I guess I'll get to see for myself soon!

Boycarp, you still going to the RR day at Awesome on the 15th?

yes i most certainly am :thumbup:

if i'm gonna change the exhaust, i want it to look like the back end of an rs6.. :D

25114.attach

Edited by BOYCARP

yes i most certainly am :thumbup:

Sweet, I'll see you there :)

if i'm gonna change the exhaust, i want it to look like the back end of an rs6.. :D

Yeah, I guess that's the sort of thing I was referring to - I'm just not sure about the tailpipe size. I was thinking a 3" oval or something.

Anyway, how you planning on getting around the bumper cut situation? The plastic down there doesn't seem thick enough to cope with a huge hole with a hot pipe in it.

EDIT: On reflection perhaps I should have rephrased! :rolleyes:

Sweet, I'll see you there :)

Yeah, I guess that's the sort of thing I was referring to - I'm just not sure about the tailpipe size. I was thinking a 3" oval or something.

Anyway, how you planning on getting around the bumper cut situation? The plastic down there doesn't seem thick enough to cope with a huge hole with a hot pipe in it.

EDIT: On reflection perhaps I should have rephrased! :rolleyes:

whoaa whoa whoa !!! not got that far, only just started about it yesterday :eek: , but maybe some sort of new rear bumper maybe who knows?????

surely a trip to a scrappy and purchase a front end damaged superb's rear bumper, doesn't matter what colour, do all your measuring up and cutting at a powerflo dealer and if it doesn't look right or the bumper can't cope you've not lost too much and your current bumper stays intact.

Yeah, I realised that I was just after your thoughts on how you'd get around it.

quite fancy a bumper that looks like that one in the pics above but it's finding one.

surely a trip to a scrappy and purchase a front end damaged superb's rear bumper, doesn't matter what colour, do all your measuring up and cutting at a powerflo dealer and if it doesn't look right or the bumper can't cope you've not lost too much and your current bumper stays intact.

Agreed. Surely Superb spare parts (from scrap yard) would be reasonably cheap as the car's not that popular?

Even so, it'll still be cheaper than a new one from the dealer.

quite fancy a bumper that looks like that one in the pics above but it's finding one.

With the mesh in the lower? Hmm, wonder how that'd look on a Superb...

I think perhaps the best method would be along the same lines as the OE n/s cut on the later B5.5 chassis ones and the Edition 100... i.e. small chrome strip.

That said though, if yours is like mine without the chrome strips on the black rubbing strips it might look a little out of place.

How did we end up speaking about exhausts on a suspension thread anyway? You gotta love the random nature of Superb owners ;)

How did we end up speaking about exhausts on a suspension thread anyway? You gotta love the random nature of Superb owners ;)

that would be Matt's fault giving me ideas of how to spend my money from the audi :thumbup:

good work Matt keep it up :D

right here we go, didn't have the camera for a before and after but the 2 pics are near enough the same. dropped by about 35mm, kinda wish it was a bit lower but hey ho still looks and drives better (handles like a different car now in the bends)

should be before and after but ended up after and before:O

Hi fella, looking good!

Can i ask where did you get the badges from, for the wheel centres?

I have the same type of wheel, but mine are the 17" replica's, and im struggling to find the badges.

Hi fella, looking good!

Can i ask where did you get the badges from, for the wheel centres?

I have the same type of wheel, but mine are the 17" replica's, and im struggling to find the badges.

cheers, lucky for me they came with them on it, i stuck my audi badges over the top and when i wanted to put them on the superb i had a bit of a job getting them off,

sure there we're some knocking around on ebay a few weeks ago?? I was looking before i had a go at removing the audi badges