Front Mount Intercooler fitting...

W-TRON

You can if it dont fit....:D:D:P

I know what you mean i had a quick look at the pipes on the Golf kits but cannot for the life of me see how they would fit together. I would be interested to see the link.

I know what you mean i had a quick look at the pipes on the Golf kits but cannot for the life of me see how they would fit together. I would be interested to see the link.

Mart, I think you had that feeling with yours before you saw my pictures....LOL

Be nice to see a piccy of it when its fitted.

Obviously there could be some minor alterations... as it is design for a golf

Regarding the map sensor i might have to make something up as i dont think there is a flange for it ...

Me and my mate are fitting it but i am going to document it with a how to fit guide!

Or how not to fit........lol

To find it on ebay just type in mk4 golf intercooler, various companies are selling them, my one was from london.

Obviously there could be some minor alterations... as it is design for a golf

Regarding the map sensor i might have to make something up as i dont think there is a flange for it ...

Me and my mate are fitting it but i am going to document it with a how to fit guide!

Or how not to fit........lol

To find it on ebay just type in mk4 golf intercooler, various companies are selling them, my one was from london.

I think substitute major for minor, as the pipe work is nothing like the same.

ABD Racing one from above and on the car:-

P1000525.jpg

P1000517.jpg

I think you will have quite a bit of pipework to do also, as the sensor will have to be located.

Oh, it looks as though someone has documented the fitting.....LOL

Really easy job if it lines up, and looking at the e-bay advert, I dont think yours will line up.

I think substitute major for minor, as the pipe work is nothing like the same.

ABD Racing one from above and on the car:-

P1000525.jpg

P1000517.jpg

I think you will have quite a bit of pipework to do also, as the sensor will have to be located.

Oh, it looks as though someone has documented the fitting.....LOL

Really easy job if it lines up, and looking at the e-bay advert, I dont think yours will line up.

So where exactly does your passenger-side boost pipe ;) go??

yeh does look quite different.....

Well this company i bought it from fits them as well.....

So i am sure it fits.....some how...

Has any one fitted this ebay jobbie???

Yes, they probably do fit them, but perhaps they fit them for the car they advertise them for, and in this case it was sold for a Mk4 Golf.

The cooler will probably fit, but the pipe work will be miles out if they only supply the four pipes as shown in their advert, as both pipes need to come out of, and return to the offside wing, where the original side mount is fitted.

so why is the golf so different???

I bought it thinking there may be a issue so i new there could be a issue....they seem to think it would fit , but you need to change the dump valve to the cold side....(i thought this sounded wrong)

so why is the golf so different???

I bought it thinking there may be a issue so i new there could be a issue....they seem to think it would fit , but you need to change the dump valve to the cold side....(i thought this sounded wrong)

Erm........Never had to touch the dump valve when fitting the FMIC????:confused:

Is the inlet manifold the other way round on the Golf or is that just on some of the Audi engines? (i.e. throttle on the right as you look at the engine)

The intercooler should either have the inlet and outlet at the same end like the Forge one or have a long pipe like the ABD one which goes back to the offside to the throttle assembly.

If you fitted a cold-side relocation kit you would get a length of tubing which fits between the end of that long pipe and the throttle, with a smaller offshoot pipe on it for mounting the DV... but I can't see how that would help with the FMIC install :confused: