Pics of my "other" fabia

Spent a couple of hours on it today - just seeing what could be had off it of any value and generally assessing the potential. Turns out quite a bit of the missing engine was in bits in the boot, but most of it was pretty useless so going to leave it there. Have taken some bits I think are worth keeping and some bits people on here wanted. Some pics:

Boot full of junk

DSCN2409.jpg

A fairly clean nearside of the car

DSCN2410.jpg

The rear nearside is also in good nick visually, rear bumper scuff aside.

DSCN2411.jpg

Front door and front wing are however not in good nick! :rofl:

DSCN2412.jpg

Something missing?

DSCN2413.jpg

Nearside front wing is in good nick, as is the door

DSCN2414.jpg

A few of the bits I recovered off it today. :thumbup:

DSCN2415.jpg

It was reasonable value. I'm not expecting to make any kind of profit on it unless I manage to sell the complete A/C system for decent money (see sale section ;))

It was all for a bit of fun and I do enjoy a good stripping! :eek: In the end this car will be being weighed in for scrap. If anyone needs any panels/doors, shout now. ;)

What condition are the headlamps in? All clips present and not scratched?

I'd quite like to do the eye liner mod but don't fancy putting my lights in the oven or blasting them with a hair dryer as, knowing me.. I'll drop it and get dust all over everything and knacker the seal! lol

Both headlights were fooked, one totally, and one had clips broken on the back.

That IS an SDI inlet manifold yes, a supposed TDI upgrade. But I don't want it

I want all 4 handles, sorry. But I need to learn how to remove them....

I suspect that arch liner should be fine. Posting it would be a nightmare though!

handles are easy to remove, torx bit on the inside of the door ( door check bit, hard to explaing, then the small piece pulls out, then the handle slides backwards, and pulls forward and it should just slide out. Sorry for the fairly crap explanation! It is quite easy, hardest bits getting the right torz bit and one thans skinny enough to work on the back doors, i buffed one down with a grinder. lol. :rofl:

Well - I successfully removed the barrel assembly on the passenger door, but could not see how the main bit of handle came out. I pushed it in all kinds of directions before giving up in case I bust it.

Anyway - I want them for painting properly myself. ;)

Thursday is "judgement day" for this fabia - so if anyone needs anything, speak now or forever hold your peace (because anything not got will be going in the crusher :D)

I have a mental list of bits people want that I've NOT yet recovered off it. I think all I'm going to recover is the A/C bits, the PAS rack & pump, and some random bits of trim....

Can I have the centre face vents please Jason, must be mint when removed though ;)

Sorry - someone else has reserved all 3 dash vents and they're already boxed up.

She's on death row now. This time tomorrow she's likely to be a little white cube of metal! :rofl:

Silly question, but is the airbox in good condition? Looking to do some experiments but i need a "donor" one lol

Yeah - I have the airbox here but not sure how similar it is to the vRS one. It looks essentially the same but it has an electrical connector on the top lid. It's the one pictured in the very first pic. Make me an offer and I'm highly likely to say yes. ;) Still got the air filter in and everything. :rofl:

lol just need the bottom part Jason.

Dunno how much to offer you, dont even know if you'd be able to post it lol

What benifits do you get from changing the inlet manifold to an SDi one?

Edited by vRS Dovit

lol just need the bottom part Jason.

Dunno how much to offer you, dont even know if you'd be able to post it lol

What benifits do you get from changing the inlet manifold to an SDi one?

I can post the bottom half only. Should only cost a fiver or so by parcel post (I think) I believe that IS the same as the vRS but cannot be totally 100%. Make me an offer I can't refuse (that doesn't involve a horse's head) ;)

Not sure on the SDI manifold but people on TDIclub say it flows better than the stock inlets on the non PD engines. It would be interesting to know if it really does. My own inlet has been ported anyway, so I'm not fussed about fitting it to my own car.

She goes off on her last journey (but one :D)

DSCN2427.jpg

Spot the error on the bonnet. :rofl: A quite nice 928 project going on next door!

DSCN2428.jpg

And loading it up with garage scrap ready for dropping off at the metal merchants. Seems the price has dropped out the market for scrap now so it looks like you get barely anything for scrap cars anymore. :(

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2430.jpg

Cool Jas, i'll PM you later with an offer, need to wait until Friday for pay day if thats ok? Take it i wouldn't see much difference lol

Yeah - no worries. Although I would like it to go I'll probably accept nearly any offer. PM me when you're ready. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Jason,

Ancy chance you have any of the door trim retaining clips? You know the white placcy ones that have slot into the trim and them snap into the door?

I've just bust a few trying to "cure" a rattle (and have now made more of one!!!!!!!!!!)