Let the purple commence

missp

Getting mew paint tomorrow and hopefully doin a full on paint job over the weekend before meet on Monday. Fingers crossed I get the right purple this time. I was gonna leave it as is... but every time i eat a bar of dairy milk I'd just sulk that poor Lissy isnt the right colour.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i liked the more subtle ford colour on my guineapig bumper grilles, sooooo I have taken the plunge! Front grille off and dismantled. Surround has been washed keyed, primed. Just waiting for it to dry then will be spraying. Why oh why can i see this going horribly wrong :S (my painting skills suck lol) but hey ho.. I guess a professional can always fix it at a later date eh :D eeeeek

Piccys hopefully to follow of the success (or miserable failure) soon. Poor Lissy looks very sad sat out the front with a missing nose. Maybe some kind soul will dump a GTi engine in her while I sleep.

i can see me havin laquer issues if I am honest lol! Can guarentee it'll run :S meh... someone else can sort it if i go wrong.

I am starting to think though that i shoulda done a black base coat before the purple as its gonna come out different to the black stuff i am spraying now i think. Hummmmmmm

*sigh* - I am only a female after all :D

The finished product...

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

Next up... the side rubbing strips, then the rear one. Not doin front as i should be havin a nice sport front bumper on her when idiot off ebay gets his backside into gear and posts it... nearly a month now! Gonna be a trip up to Middlesbrough soon with a couple of rather large blokes me thinks grrrrrrr

Thank-ye thank-ye hehe. Everyone was worried... but sometimes you just gotta keep the faith. The colour scheme works on my pants... so why not on my car :D

I saw a TVR Cerbera that someone had chosen to be sprayed in "the same purple as her ski boot". Looked quite lively.

BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums

^^^Apparent piccie of a GT/sport front bumper. If it turns up and looks like that, will you be purpling the diamond mesh inserts?

Edited by vindaloo
Less alcohol, more sense!

Thank-ye thank-ye hehe. Everyone was worried... but sometimes you just gotta keep the faith. The colour scheme works on my pants... so why not on my car :D

i told u it would look trick, and now look at all the doubters. well done !! :thumbup:

Edited by ddr

• 2 weeks later...

I feel weird saying this considering I'm a 6ft 2in rugby-playing, beer-swilling mad islander, but...that grille surround looks really good in purple, well done! :rofl:

Edited by Leodhasach

Front bumper went on today - will get pics tomorrow when its light :D - Am also gettin a few bits of interior to start making that all black and purple now. Gonna do the "black headlight" mod at some point but with purple instead of black