Techie help needed?

orbital

hello all,bit of help needed really maybe from lummox or other kind techie,my mpg has gone awol!:o i know some people complain about mayb 2-3mpg but mine has dropped by 15-20mpg.it does'nt seem to be smoking anymore than usual.had it serviced yesterday by seat garage just to make sure it was'nt that,garage said no probs on vag-com.would vag-com pick up on maybe a faulty maf sensor?any help would be most kind :)

Vagcom might not pick up a MAF problem, depending what it is.

Might be worth having a look over your engine bay, and just looking at intake pipes etc, and maby clean your MAF, but use the right cleaner!!

Filter OK? no leaves blocking the intercooler?

Oil next to or on the EGR valve?

Other than those, i cant think, too tired.

HTH, Dave

i cant see it being a leek only because the trip computer overall average is 52(B) and the last journey average is 35-40(a) i cant get the average above 55mpg even when driving like a granny where as when everything is normal 60+mpg is easy to do.thanks for advice though cjb,i will double check tomorrow.

i cant see it being a leek only because the trip computer overall average is 52(B) and the last journey average is 35-40(a) i cant get the average above 55mpg even when driving like a granny where as when everything is normal 60+mpg is easy to do.thanks for advice though cjb,i will double check tomorrow.

If it's any help, the best I got from mine was 58 on a run with a light foot and steady speed, average could be as good as 49-50, but heavy traffic in winter and a heavy foot could *easily* drop it below 40.....

thanks guys,all help is truly appreciated.i know its very difficult to try and sort something blind so to speak,just looking for a few pointers.cjb,ive had the car from new and even when ive driven it like ive stole it the mpg has never ever been lower than average 40mpg,im just managing that now driving it correctly.keep the ideas rolling though :thumbup:

hi mikesm56,i specifically asked for new filter at service couple of days ago also asked for all other filters to be done even if it was'nt due this service :confused: ive been to the kind chaps at chesham motors (bury) today who free of charge vag-com'd my car and no fault codes listed.the chap looked at my fuel usage and agreed something was'nt right :o he also said he was pretty sure it was'nt the maf either although he said it my be the the temp sensor causing over fueling? :confused: