erm.....could someone help me out?

Well, i've looked at a good few Fabia's that have "black headlights" so i've decided to do it :D

Problem is, i'm not confident in doing it, so was wondering if there's anyone local(ish ;)) to me that could do it or at least help me out?

Cheers folks:thumbup:

Davie

By all means :)

Just need to find some handy peeps ;) lol

I done this to my last car, albeit, a cavalier. Always fancied doing mine, but would like to do it on a spare pair of lights so just incase it all goes tits up, my car isnt off the road... :o

Id like them too, but my car is a dayly driver.

Jabba, are you offering to do them?

Could you get a set from a scrappy and do them, send them to me and ill send mine back for the next person?

Kindof like a surcharge type thing.

Dave

Easy job, take off the 4 clips, heat in the oven on lowest temp for about 5 min and peel light apart. Remove chrome section, paint and refit.

Put back in oven to make glue soft agin and press back together and reclip.

I have a spare pair of the chrome bits that need painting if anyone wants them at a sensible price

Alex

It's really easy to do, if people wanted them doing would they be able to take them off the car and post them for quick turn around or is that a no no?

My cars always on the move so i kinda need my lights. Thanks anyway bud :thumbup:

Id like them too, but my car is a dayly driver.

Jabba, are you offering to do them?

Could you get a set from a scrappy and do them, send them to me and ill send mine back for the next person?

Kindof like a surcharge type thing.

Dave

Sounds a good idea, but dont know if he'll be able to do it.

How much would this cost though?

:thumbup:

Oooo Jabba - how do u stand on doin mine purple? Is that allowed? How much? .... and will av to be after xmas, but I will be walkin to work once I have moved house so can be car-less mon - fri no probs.

In a roundabout sort of way .... your car is the reason mine is being painted purple Mudpuppy. It was my inspiration kinda

Well in that case I'm glad I could help out :)

Is that with me going for the satin black theme? Because I might not have finished yet! ;)

lol all of us armed with paint lol we'd just need a heat source ;)

Quite sure we could use Kay's engine bay as it'll be like an oven the way she drives ;):)

Sorry Kay :)

:eek: :eek:

:P

Hmm.....anyways I'll be offline for the rest of the week now (going on tour again :() so I'll catch up with this on Friday most likely. But I have plenty of paint ready anyway :)

As Ninja Alex has a spare set of the surrounds/inserts, the masking/sanding/painting can be done before attempting surgery on the lights. It becomes a "remove chrome bit, insert black or ANOther purple colour bit" ;)

On a similar note, I wonder if the headlight parts have separate parts numbers and can be ordered from a dealer.

J.