Dump Valve fitting-Merged

zi_2005

I reckon your right, a pic would be helpful though.

Well I reversed my DV for about 3 miles pulled over and reverted it. Noise was annoying but more so on boost when it seemed to be leaking boost past the piston and loosing power as a result. Not recommended by me :thumbdwn:

Hi Martin

What you read is right but the PSi is not the issue it it the speed at which the boost pressure balances over the top and bottom of the piston inside the valve.Revo Maps tend to have "agressive" boost curve which requires an uprated spring ,in my experence.

Hope this helps.

Please Note:

The quoted spring pressure (Psi) relates to the un-assisted clamping force of the spring and should NOT be taken as an equivalent to boost pressure when determining suitability. Once a valve is fitted to a car it is subjected to various pressures that act upon the diaphragm or piston to aid its respective ability to seal or hold boost. An example of this, would be when using a FMCL007P valve on a 1.8T engine as found in the TT 225hp. The boost pressure on a "chipped" car can peak at 26psi. The recommended spring would be the Green or Yellow

For information regarding which spring is suitable for your application please contact us

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

Hope that helps?

I turned the dv round once and had too get out at the end of my street and switch it back as it sounded awful .......like a high pitched fart tbh.
ha thats wat mines like. it was fitted the other way ROUND .it sounds like a flUTE Edited by millie

if i fit a cabonio with my 007 dv will i get the whooooosshh?

Oh yes :D I believe it is better described as ssssssssssssssssSS, Tsssschhh though :thumbup:

I do miss the sounds of a CAI, I just get so paranoid about water intake though so doubt I'd go back to one :(

hi there I have fitted my bailey dump valve kitt directly to the turbo which is on the steel pipe. Will this be ok or will it harm the turbo.

Please reply as I am new here.

Thankx

Can you be more precise, and stop asking the same question all over the place. It makes the place look untidy too be honest :thumbup::thumbup:

oh yes :D i believe it is better described as ssssssssssssssssss, tsssschhh though :thumbup:

i do miss the sounds of a cai, i just get so paranoid about water intake though so doubt i'd go back to one :(

and how much bHP do theY add or is it just better response Edited by millie

and how much bHP do theY add or is it just better response

TBH I think you will be dissappointed if you are after any worthwhile BHP increase.

My stock airbox did seem to provide more torque over my CAI though.

BTW torque figures are more relevant than BHP figures so aim to improve torque (though not to silly levels) and you will be much happier ;)

TBH I think you will be dissappointed if you are after any worthwhile BHP increase.

My stock airbox did seem to provide more torque over my CAI though.

BTW torque figures are more relevant than BHP figures so aim to improve torque (though not to silly levels) and you will be much happier ;)

I thought torque dropped off slightly with the CAI too compared to the standard air box. I don't know why this should be:confused:

My concern was with the filtration levels of the air filter on the CAI, it was an Ebay one. My thinking is its better to replace the standard one often as you can see the dirt on it compared to the "performance" ones.

I do miss the CAI noise... hmm crimbo soon, may get a better filter on it :rolleyes:.

If you want the noise, 007 valve (installed the right way round) and a cold air intake kit will do the trick.

Search youtube for dump valve sounds on Audi A3/S3s, Golf GTis, Seat Leons and Skoda Octavias. A DV like the 007 and cold air intake is the setup most people are using to get that sound.