Dump Valve fitting-Merged

zi_2005

Hi there I have bought a Bailey dump valve kitt. It has been fitted but is not making a loud sound. Has anybody got a picture of where it is supposed to be fitted.

thank you

Edited by fatty5000

It's not supposed too be loud it's whats known as a re-circ type which re-circulates the excess boost back into the airbox, if you were too fit a atomshperic type (which makes the noise) then you will end up throwing a warning light on th edashboard as the ecu has accounted for that air being in the system and the dump valve has just spat it out.

You can fit a CAI which will make it louder as there will be no airbox to muffle the noise.

HTH

Most popular on here is Carbonio. Many have tried the £40 Ebay jobbies myself included and have removed it due to poor filter quality but an aftermarket K&N or green filter cone on the end would make it an excellant choice and far cheaper than the big names HTH

At one time I did have the e-bay CAI one on my Octy vRS and with a K&N filter and other mods ran 238bhp at Marlins, so as Lex says, they are a cheaper option.

It now has an ABD Racing CAI on it.

If you do want the E-Bay one, then send an e-mail to john at [email protected] tell him it came from here, and he will sell you one cheaper than he does on E-Bay.

Edited by Beretta

The Forge FMDV007P valve can be fitted either way around,stock way gives a little more noise than std but if you reverse fit it you will really hear it as it has a special shape machined into the base of the piston to cause more noise with no running faults.This combined with a good quality induction kit will give a very nice DV whhhosssh noise. :)

I turned the dv round once and had too get out at the end of my street and switch it back as it sounded awful .......like a high pitched fart tbh.

Hahaha that made me laugh :orb_lol: I thought about this but think I will give it a miss now :thumbup:

hi thanks for that but can you please send me a picture of how the dump valve is connected? I have connected mine direct to the turbo pipe which is steel. Is this correct?

I think you better post a picture as I don't quite know where you mean. Lex has put up apicture is yours in the same place ??

Sorry Rob for using your piccy :D

DV30%20Fitted.JPG

This is the Bailey valve fitted in place of the original DV. Fits to the intake pipework between the airbox/air intake and the turbo.

Or if you have a cold side relocation kit (Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication) it fits near the front of the engine into a hose between the intercooler and throttle:

FMDVRLK.jpg

HTH

Edited by chicken_eyebrow