Another ARB question

Ok here goes. My car will be going in soon for H&R springs and FSD's.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading both ARB's front and rear.

I currently have the whiteline at the back and will be going for the Neuspeed as it is a better quality item. I was thinking Neuspeed 25mm front and 28mm back as it seems logical to have a firmer rear bar.

Any opinions, anyone running this combination?

Mate why bother changing the whiteline one? It does the job and is firmer enough imo, and works well with the standard front arb to reduce understeer/roll. No doubt there will be slight improvement with the bigger front arb and rear but i dont think it's worth spending out on.

I have koni fsd's, H&R springs and whiteline rear arb and it handles well, you will be very shocked when you get the fsd's and springs fitted such a big improvement over standard.

I only know of 1 person running that set up (25/28 bars)on his car smiffy 3f's and i'm not sure what he thinks of it.

Another bar to throw into the mix,is the R32 front ARB which is 23mm.

I have this fitted to mine along with 23mm powerflex bushes.The reason i went for this one,was my old bar was knacked and it costs about half of the 25mm neuspeed one.

I currently run powerflex bushes up-front,23mm R32 front,28mm Neuspeed rear,H&R springs and Koni FSD's.

I love the way the car handles now especially after fitting the h&r/koni set up.

I can see where you coming from by changing the front arb while everything is being done.

I'd do the springs and dampers first, and then decide if I actually wanted to fit stiffer ARBs in a few months. You're fitting harder springs anyway, so that will reduce roll.

I think that makes sense. My suspension is feeling pretty tired after 104k even with the whiteline bar. Will save the cash and do something else.

Cheers guys :thumbup:

Have you upgraded rear anti roll? Your suspension sounds very firm on the anti roll at the front, which in theory will make the car feel very solid and little body roll but show up as when turning in suddenly or hard, particularly in the wet, you will get understeer quite easily showing up as scrubbing off and sliding toward the front outer wheel.

Octavia's suffer from this so I'm curious how yours behaves/if you have upgraded the rear anti roll.

Cheers, Greg.

I only know of 1 person running that set up (25/28 bars)on his car smiffy 3f's and i'm not sure what he thinks of it.

Another bar to throw into the mix,is the R32 front ARB which is 23mm.

I have this fitted to mine along with 23mm powerflex bushes.The reason i went for this one,was my old bar was knacked and it costs about half of the 25mm neuspeed one.

I currently run powerflex bushes up-front,23mm R32 front,28mm Neuspeed rear,H&R springs and Koni FSD's.

I love the way the car handles now especially after fitting the h&r/koni set up.

I can see where you coming from by changing the front arb while everything is being done.

Hi all,

would you say that a thicker rear ARB is the best single handling mod on a standard VRS (estate)?

I do need some decent tyres all round first which will definitely help, but after that i'd like to dial out some of the excess understeer - without stiffening up the ride as this is my "comfy" car!!

Thanks