Something in my boot?!

Malc

Odd one this...

Driving to work this morning I noticed a knocking noise coming from the back of the car (boot) when going over the uneven roads near my house .

It basically sounded like a large loose box moving around in the boot.. however there is nothing in the boot. I noticed when putting some weight on the rear suspension I can hear a metallic pinging noise, any ideas?

Malc

Gently, and no further than necessary. Apart from possibilities of spring through mount or falling out if the car goes really light over a crest, the corner weights and rear roll resistance, and hence handling will be all to ****!

Well had it up on the ramp and it actually looks like the rear anti roll bar I had fitted...

The bolt from the bar is knocking the existing on the left side, I guess I'll see if the garage I had it fitted at can cut the bolt down a bit.

All sorted :)

The bolt from the rear arb was sitting too close to the existing which runs through the shock and it looks as if it had worked its way loose.

Put a spacer on the new bolt and tightened it all up and its good to go