I found a troll in my headlight....

Irf

Did they say how long your looking at waiting for the car to be given back Finished? :)

I hope they do a good job for you and that you get a nice courtesy car to last you!

I went to see the car today and met the guy dealing with it (Lookers Liverpool). He was really friendly and talked me through the parts that needed replacing and even showed me my car. He missed the Cupra splitter but said the old one can be removed from the bumper and put on the new one :thumbup: He also missed where the front driver's side wheel was damaged and said he'll send off pics to the insurance company :thumbup: Everything else he picked up on and luckily the radiator and FMIC were not damaged. He thinks it will be around a week before I get the car back.

They gave me an Astra 1.4, but am going to hand it to my dad as he works locally, and I travel a huge distance everyday so need something better :rofl: Last time my car went into Skoda he ended up with a Fabia II 1.2 estate :rofl: Bless him lol! :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so hope your insurers read this post and can identify you from it. Phil hit the nail on the head. You are typical of the lowest form of life and if you would like to give every member of Briskoda who actually does show Integrity, some money to compensate us for your Scummy behaviour we would be most grateful.

Twonk!:thumbdwn::mad:

LOL. Bit harsh. Wow i really got peoples backs up. I didn't mean to.

My claim was fully justified as i couldn't work or play rugby for nearly a month. My insurer surely would not give a monkeys as if you read, I was rear ended, hence the other parties fault, which resulted in a full claim from her insurer.

The way i see it is i was minding my own business waiting to turn right on an A road, smack, someone hits me at about 50 mph.It completely ruined my life for a solid month. Why the hell would i not claim? Someone else has solely caused this injury on myself, so surely his/her insurer should pay for it. Isn't that what they're for?

I so hope your insurers read this post and can identify you from it. Phil hit the nail on the head. You are typical of the lowest form of life and if you would like to give every member of Briskoda who actually does show Integrity, some money to compensate us for your Scummy behaviour we would be most grateful.

Twonk!:thumbdwn::mad:

Come off it. The vast majority would do the same, whether or not they admit it on here.

Come off it. The vast majority would do the same, whether or not they admit it on here.

I have been rear ended (no jokes) twice in last 6 years and both times I refused to claim anything other than repairs to the car. I sustain bigger injuries at work and when I am out exercising.

I have been rear ended (no jokes) twice in last 6 years and both times I refused to claim anything other than repairs to the car. I sustain bigger injuries at work and when I am out exercising.

Putting a monetary value on an injury is practically impossible anyway. If you were injured enough to be unable to work for 4 months, would you not expect to get (at least) your wages back in compensation? How much of a cash value would you put on the cancelled holiday because you were unable to travel? What's the cash value of the reoccurring pain you still have occasionally 2 years after the accident? How about permanent nerve damage that means you have a numbness in your arm for the rest of your life? Can you give a figure?

I'm not saying people should lie, but I am saying that there isn't an exact science to 'compensation'. It's the legal bods job to get as much as they can, and its the other legal bods job to give you as little as they can. With all those lawyers around does anyone really think the final sum is going to be 'just' or really representative of the damage (not just physical)?

Putting a monetary value on an injury is practically impossible anyway. If you were injured enough to be unable to work for 4 months, would you not expect to get (at least) your wages back in compensation? How much of a cash value would you put on the cancelled holiday because you were unable to travel? What's the cash value of the reoccurring pain you still have occasionally 2 years after the accident? How about permanent nerve damage that means you have a numbness in your arm for the rest of your life? Can you give a figure?

I'm not saying people should lie, but I am saying that there isn't an exact science to 'compensation'. It's the legal bods job to get as much as they can, and its the other legal bods job to give you as little as they can. With all those lawyers around does anyone really think the final sum is going to be 'just' or really representative of the damage (not just physical)?

When somebody says they milk it then I disagree with them. I am paying for these people with my higher insurance payment. We have become a spineless blame culture. It sickens me to the core.:(

If someone is genuinely injured fare enough, but we were talking about exgagerating a claim to make money....10K for a sore neck/Sternum/missing backbone!!!!!

If someone is genuinely injured fare enough, but we were talking about exgagerating a claim to make money....10K for a sore neck/Sternum/missing backbone!!!!!

I agree, but my point is that where does 'exaggerating' start to become a lie?

My girlfriend was involved in a car accident two years ago, she was a passenger and the driver managed to drive head first into a concrete bollard (yeah, he's thick - and in a Daewoo Matiz too) She has permanent nerve damage in her arm, it is two years later now, and she still has occasional pain in it and there is a (permanent) reduction in feeling and weakness in the arm. She claimed on the divers insurance - BUT how much would you say that would be worth? She didn't know at the time it was going to be permanent, she had no way of knowing the pain would still be around two years after - perhaps another two? Perhaps forever? What should she have asked for? Or how would the 'compensation' ever be calculated for that?

Again, I reiterate, I'm not condoning lying or making a false claim. I'm just saying that 'compensation' never translates into money correctly. At any exchange rate.

I agree, but my point is that where does 'exaggerating' start to become a lie?

My girlfriend was involved in a car accident two years ago, she was a passenger and the driver managed to drive head first into a concrete bollard (yeah, he's thick - and in a Daewoo Matiz too) She has permanent nerve damage in her arm, it is two years later now, and she still has occasional pain in it and there is a (permanent) reduction in feeling and weakness in the arm. She claimed on the divers insurance - BUT how much would you say that would be worth? She didn't know at the time it was going to be permanent, she had no way of knowing the pain would still be around two years after - perhaps another two? Perhaps forever? What should she have asked for? Or how would the 'compensation' ever be calculated for that?

Again, I reiterate, I'm not condoning lying or making a false claim. I'm just saying that 'compensation' never translates into money correctly. At any exchange rate.

It is so sad that nowadays a person stands up and says I don’t over claim on insurance and the whole world goes ‘WHAT!! You must be mad, go on claim for loads’ etc. I don’t and hope I never will make a false or exaggerated claim, but I believe I am part of a minority now. I am not referring to you or your girlfriend btw

I know you explained about your hair raising ordeal at the Malthouse :rofl:

Wouldn't mind trying that instead of a circuit session hahaha :D;)

Becareful mate you could be suffering from Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and wont know until atleast 72 hours after the accident. In which case you could have a case for Whiplash and so I would recommend seeing a Doctor for his opinion. ;) ;) ;)

Such "encouragement" will increase your insurance premiums as well as everybody elses so is not required thank you very much!