What pressure washer?

Bodge

What do you all think of the Halfords ones? They are 1/2 price at the moment...

I'm new to pressure washers, can someone explain to me what the difference is between using normal detergent (e.g. bottle on end of hose, or built in to main unit), and this "snow foam" thing I keep hearing about?!

Do you know where I can find one of those towards Warrington?

I've been looking for one (makes it easier to wash the car in the cold winter!) but couldn't see one in Lidl or Aldi last time I looked (a few weeks back)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a lovely Stihl RE108 (happened to get £60.00 off list price so paid £130 for it) with a detergent applying adapter (perfect for snow foaming). Used normal halfords car wash with it this weekend and was very impressed. Now I just have to find some proper snow foam stuff so it does a better job :)

Another one for the ALDI Powercraft PW.

Had mines for a few months now and its really good. Very high spec with a decent warranty for an amazing price.

Use mines all the time with HD snow foam lance (Karcher fitting). :)

Edited by RiCh_vRS

the karcher foam lance attachment thing isnt bad, if the dirt is that bad on the car i will use it with the karcher degreaser, leave for a few minutes and jet off. other times i will just fill the bottle up 50% AG shampoo and 50% water and it will cake the car well. Ok not to the thick white snow foam standard but it covers the car white and then you watch as it pulls the dirt off and down the car. Just give it a quick rinse off and then when you wash it with a mitt and bucket you will find the water doesnt really get dirty (yes two bucket method needs to be mentioned to) and the water in both buckets are basically clean at the end.

Do you mean the little yellow bottle thing? I had that too but it didnt really give me much 'snow' foam, it never clinged and dragged the dirt off the car, also the bottle is tiny and you have to refil it a few times to get the car done.

I should edit my post so that it reads properly, its one of those HD foam lances which i use it with ph neutral snow foam.

Snow foam is good, but i always have to use the 2 bm to clean the car properly as there is usually a film of dirt left on the car. The prewash helps to get the big bits of crap off the car before using the shmitt to clean it. I might try maxi suds next time to see if thats any better.