New Octavia for 2009

AlphaPapa

Will the 1.4 TSI ,which is replacing the 1.6 FSI, be available as a full automatic, semi automatic DSG or will it be manual only ?
7 Speed DSG will be availavble for it :thumbup: ................. taken from Skoda Auto website:-

"The technology featured in the new Octavia is amongst the most advanced found in modern cars. The new Octavia is available with five petrol and three diesel engines, and a range of manual and automatic gearboxes.

This includes a revolutionary DSG 7° automatic transmission system, specially developed for the 1.4 TSI/90 kW (122 bhp) and 1.8 TSI/118 kW (160 bhp) engines."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brochure is now available on the website - the 1.4 TSI DSG will be available from Feb.09 on the SE & Elegance trim only - but in the 6 speed DSG guise. They are only showing the price for the manual version at present but guess the DSG will add £1135 ?

The brochure is now available on the website - the 1.4 TSI DSG will be available from Feb.09 on the SE & Elegance trim only - but in the 6 speed DSG guise. They are only showing the price for the manual version at present but guess the DSG will add £1135 ?

Sorry, should read S. SE & Elegance

• 2 weeks later...

When i bought my 2nd hand fabia vrs on monday from a main dealer the salesmen already had one! had a look at it and really does look nice in the flesh. As some of you have said almost has an audi look about! Vrs should be pretty special too!

will the facelift vRS get the new engine from the mk6 gti? up a bit on power but down on emissions!

and will we ever see a 4 wheel drive vrs...I would love 210bhp and haldex! I would heading to the dealers to pre order a new one!!

• 2 months later...

Guys, make sure you get one built before the end of May, they've just announced that after that (model year 2010) you won't get a spare wheel, just a can of squirty foam hole-filler.

V nových ?kodovkách bude od kv?tna chyb?t rezervní kolo– Novinky.cz

To be precise it says this has been made possible by a change in the law, ie Czech law, so whether it's viable in UK I don't know.

Squirty foam filler:thumbdwn:

Give me a proper spare wheel any day of the week and not one of those skinny get you home jobies, where you find out the wheel you have taken off won't fit in the wheel well.

One of my daughters had a civic with no spare, great when she got forced into the kerb and the side wall of the tyre split. Thats when you realise that the squirty foam is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I suppose the next ruling from Brussels will be that will be illegal to change a wheel unless you have been on a course and have the certificate. Then a whole industry of changing wheels for motorists can flourish.:rolleyes:

I fancy the Scout so long as its got the CR TDi engine ? when are they coming in at the dealers ?