CD Players - What Would I Need To Get This To Fit???

Tas

JVC KW-AVX810 double din detachable front panel DVD player - KW-AVX810 from JVC

im after a upgrade to my standard symphony and im wanting a double din.

just got a few questions

would i need a fascia plate to get this to fit?? if so has anyone got any links?

would i have to alter the wiring at all??

has anyone had any dealings with this particular unit??

thanks tom

There is a double din made by Audioleads which adapts the Fabia dash to make this fit. it means giving up your cubby or drinks holder to make it fit.

Unit will fit staight in then - you should just have to swop the 2 power cbales - should be red & yellow with a bullet connect on it - just pull them apart and swop them over!

job done - by the way i'm getting the 710!

how come its got a line in the middle??

im just paying extra for this purely for the fact its got a detatchable front fascia!!

Its got a cage section across the bottom of the unit the line you see is the brace at the back of the radio

Dont buy an aftermarket facia, go to the dealer, they are a much better fit and cheaper. £2.53 I think

The Autoleads ones rattle and make the stereo sit further out. Tried both and would only use the genuine Skoda one now

Alex

I've just fitted a Pioneer Avic D3 double din, slides striaght into the std slot and the trim goes at the top to hide the ole left by the non standard Fabia stereo. Biggest issue is getting all the wires in. Don't forget to get an aerial booster if you still want stereo reception

Alex

You only need the booster if you listed to AM or MW - you should still get FM without it!

Not true, I fitted my Pioneer without a booster and it picked up absolutely NOTHING on the FM band. Then fitted the booster and all was well in FM radio land. You can try it and see, but I'm glad I didn't finalize everything before checking it first so I could then drive to Halfrauds and pick up the booster.

It's such a tight fit I wouldn't ever want to have to remove everything again until the car is sold.

i have a kenwood dnx7200 double din unit in my vrs and i had to take a dremel to the plastic behind where the stereo sits and cut away a load so there was more room for the wires, there was no chance it was fitting otherwise. also didn't put the radio booster on even though i had one sitting at home, and now my radio reception is crap, but there is no way i'm taking the unit out again as it was so much hassle to get it to fit with all the wiring in the first place.