Is It worth it??

Smoot

Hi everyone,

I have a standard Fabia VRS at the moment and I'm really loving it. Just been doing a bit of research on the PD 160 intake mod, but I'm getting mixed messages; some sites say performance is improved and others say that it only improves and is worth doing if the car has already been remapped. :confused:

So if my car hasn't been remapped YET is the mod worth doing, and what is the performance improvement if any??? Can someone out there shed some light???:really:

I've put a PD160 on mine without any other mods at the moment. Doesn't seem to make any difference to performance or economy. Two main reasons for doing it:

i) Prices going up all the time

ii) New Seat Ibiza - how long will they keep making/stocking this part.

I figured that I might have a remap sometime in the future and once it's on, it's on:)

Hi Smoot

The PD160 intake is a nice insurance friendly part that can be fitted at home with minimal tools.Whilst on it's own it will only slighty improve mid range acceleration,if combined with a performance panel air filter you will notice a difference.

This upgrade will also complement further performance mods.

Mark Lowe

01234 853225

TTS Roadsport

Two things to consider: Get one BEFORE you drop the car off for its remap (assuming you're going for a custom one); some law or other obliges manufacturers to keep parts available for something like 12 years after a model ceases production, so the supply of intakes should be OK for a little while yet!

At the minute ive got a standard Fabia myself. This is a mod i will be doing!

My whole idea on it was to have the PD160 intake, filter done right before its remapped, like there and then! Surely that has to be the best way to go about it?

I've had the PD160 and my car remapped....minimal difference TBH

Get a CDA intake system or a heat shielded induction kit, great noise and an acceleration improvement.....or is it all just the "placebo effect" ;):thumbup:

I read somewhere on here ages ago about someone getting a custom re-map without this and having trouble getting the fuel mix right and then slapping a PD160 intake & green filter on made the remapping go allot smoother.

Just summit I read ;)

Kinda makes sense though as 160/70 is prob what most remaps aim for, and Seat obviously thought that the PD engine at 160 needed X amount more air flow then the 130 setup.

The only real benefit you will notice on a PD160 equipped otherwise standard vRS is that the amount of soot produced on warm days is markedly reduced. I know some people like to sootie the folks in the SAAB turbo comnvertible behind them, but I prefer not having to clean my chrome tailpipe so often.

When they were £20 this was worthwhile - at £50 (you can get them in the for sale threads for £50) it's not.