Gearshift - Is this right?

Drax

Hello All,

I've been sorting out my clutch/gearbox for some time now and finally it seems sorted - but while checking around the gear shift I noticed a flanged bolt which to me looks like it should be on top of the metal plate as opposed to below. Difficult to explain so I've attached a pic. The appears to be 3 bolts holding on the main gearshift unit - the front two are bolted over but the rear one is underneath the metal - This allows a small amount of play in the whole unit and to me doesnt seem right - If anyone can confirm this I'd much appreciate it! Also if the bolt is to be moved, it looks like the flange would push the unit down as the bolt is turned - would this cause a problem?

25911.attach

25912.attach

Thanks rwbaldwin. However if I place my finger on the circled bolt and press down the whole gearshift unit moves down - as if the two front bolts are only holding it on. If I was to remove the rear bolt and put if back with the flange on top then it would be rock solid. I would do this but just want to be sure in case this is designed maybe to absorb vibration or something?

Well I feel like a right thicko now :) I had a closer inspection with a torch and discovered that there is a tiny crack in the metal that the bolt attaches to. Probably from pushing it hard into gear too much due to a sticking clutch! Nothing a washer cant fix. Thanks for the help :thumbup: